The run in....

this doesnt realy apply to the run in but does anyone else feel that if we finish 5th this season it could be a blessing. i mean i want us to finsh 4th but we havent really performed to our expectations this season have we it could be because of the change of manager and everytime a player has hit top form he has either got injured, suspended or had to go to argentina for family reasons. personally i feel that finishing 5th and playing in the europa league could still attract some of the players we need to move forward but surely next season should be about letting are current players gel and adding one or two additions such as boateng from hamberg and i feel scott parker would be a quality signing. surely next season we should concentrate on going for the league instead of fouth and if we do this champions league qualification would come along with it. the last thing we need is to get in the champions league and struggle to make 4th next season we have waited 34 years so surely another one wont hurt. good things come to those who wait CTID..

I'm looking at different realistic possibilties here what could happen.

If spuds lose saturday (which i think they will), we get a draw at the very least, that's 1 point behind.

week after we both win again, we have villa which i think we will win but it won't be easy, spuds have bolton and i think they will win, stays at 1 point.

then when we play each other, if we win we go 2 infront, the last day we can get a draw even if spuds win, goal difference could play a part, i'm hoping the scum win saturday, but at the same time putting about 3 or 4 past spuds.

if spuds come to us and were 1 behind and they draw or win i think it's over, if we win at wet sham i can't see them slipping up against Burnley myself.

gonna be interesting though, i see it like this now:

CITY

Arsenal - 1
Villa - 3
Spuds - 1
Wet Sham - 3

= 8 points.

SPUDS

Scum - 0
Bolton - 3
CITY - 1
Burnley - 3

= 7 points.

Freestyler said:
I'm looking at different realistic possibilties here what could happen.

If spuds lose saturday (which i think they will), we get a draw at the very least, that's 1 point behind.

week after we both win again, we have villa which i think we will win but it won't be easy, spuds have bolton and i think they will win, stays at 1 point.

then when we play each other, if we win we go 2 infront, the last day we can get a draw even if spuds win, goal difference could play a part, i'm hoping the scum win saturday, but at the same time putting about 3 or 4 past spuds.

if spuds come to us and were 1 behind and they draw or win i think it's over, if we win at wet sham i can't see them slipping up against Burnley myself.

gonna be interesting though, i see it like this now:

CITY

Arsenal - 1
Villa - 3
Spuds - 1
Wet Sham - 3

= 8 points.

SPUDS

Scum - 0
Bolton - 3
CITY - 1
Burnley - 3

= 7 points.

This is very difficult and I'm finding it hard to be positive: This is what I think but who knows with Mancini's bizarre substitutions etc:

CITY

Arsenal - 0
Villa - 3
Spuds - 1
Wet Sham - 3

= 7 points.

SPUDS

Scum - 0
Bolton - 3
CITY - 1
Burnley - 3

= 7 points

The home game against Spuds will be a winner takes all match!!

All we can ask for is that going into the Spurs game we still have our destiny in our own hands, if we slip up in the next two games against Arsenal and Villa and Spurs don't then the game between us matters nothing as far as 4th place is concerned.

maybe i am being over pessimistic here but i really don't understand why we think it is between us and spurs for 4th place. if liverpool win tonight and win at burnley on sunday admittedly after playing thursday in madrid flights not withstanding and we lose at arsenal which would not be the biggest shock this season they will be level with us. if villa win at hull on wednesday i think they will be 1 point behind. and we play them after arsenal. villa at home to brum on the weekend. would fancy them to win that. i think all 4 teams are in with a good chance yet we seem to think spurs are the only rivals. well i don't.

mancyman said:
maybe i am being over pessimistic here but i really don't understand why we think it is between us and spurs for 4th place. if liverpool win tonight and win at burnley on sunday admittedly after playing thursday in madrid flights not withstanding and we lose at arsenal which would not be the biggest shock this season they will be level with us. if villa win at hull on wednesday i think they will be 1 point behind. and we play them after arsenal. villa at home to brum on the weekend. would fancy them to win that. i think all 4 teams are in with a good chance yet we seem to think spurs are the only rivals. well i don't.

True but Torres will be a big loss to Liverpool, Ngog and Kuyt are average at best.
Villa don't worry me so much as i believe we'll beat them ( not being cocky , just think we have the beating of them)......the Spurs game bothers me though, that will be a very tough game.
Saying all that, mess up the next two games and the Spurs game won't mean a thing if Spurs continue to pick up points.
Personally i don't think we'll get 4th , i think we'll just miss out and finish 5th......still not a too shabby season though .

I honestly think Spurs have the team and form to win at old trafford next week. They will attack them alot more than we did. They have now won 7 out of the last 8 in the league, and it shows how well we have done just even staying in contention with them for that run.

CITY

Arsenal - 0
Villa - 3
Spuds - 1
Wet Sham - 1

= 5 points.

SPUDS

Scum - 3
Bolton - 3
CITY - 1
Burnley - 1

= 8 points<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:33 am --<br /><br />Another point to consider is if somehow we and spurs both win this weekend, then Arsenal will suddenly start shitting it. Both of us will have a game in hand and could find ourself 1 and 3 points behind them with 2 games left and after us they go to Blackburn, not the easiest place, with alot of players out

A lot of football still to be played and while Spurs are in form at the moment they've been awful in their previous two games away from White Hart Lane and with United knowing a win will take them top for 24 hours i can't see Spurs getting anything at Old Trafford which would then give us a big incentive to go to Arsenal and win. Of course no matter who Arsenal have out they will still be tough to beat at the Emirates but surely we're in with a real shout of being them now they're out of the title race, have no Fabregas, Song, Arshavin, their two centre backs and keeper which means Silvestre and Campbell will be playing at centre half and you saw what Wigan did to them in a 10 minute spell yesterday. Even if we get beat of Arsenal and Spurs get beat of United we know that 3 wins out of 3 will get us into the champs leauge, it's going to be tough but we're capable of doing it

We weren't beaten badly on Saturday, on the whole we've still been in excellent form and we're still in with a great shout of finishing 4th, i think we'll do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.