The Run In

Neville Kneville said:
I can't get my head round the mentality of some City fans. Such fucking losers. I could understand it if we'd missed out narrowly on two titles at the death, but we actually fucking won! You would never believe that, from some people here & on the radio.

Chelsea have had hardly any problems all season. If that stays the same, & then they hold their nerve at the death, they will probably win the league. But it would be a pretty unusual season if that was to happen. It hardly ever works like that.

Usually, a side is hit with a big shitter somewhere in the season, & then it's often compounded by another one. We had Nasri missing, then we had it with Aguero, just as he was possibly the best player on the planet, then Vinny, Dzeko, Jovetic, then Yaya goes off to Africa & we lose Nasri again.

Does anyone really think Chelsea would be 5 points clear with a similar run ?

It could easily be the case that we have 100% fitness in our squad one month from now, plus Bony in the squad & Chelsea lose couple of players. That is how it often is in football.

Mourinho has been turning to the same key players over & again. If that doesn't bite him on the arse when the real hard work starts, he's a very very lucky man. If we are on their tails come April, there will be some very tired players in that Chelsea team, mentally too.

A lot of ours will possibly be fresher then than they are now. Win lose or draw at the bridge, the key is to be still in touch when the final phase kicks in. If we are, then we are favourites.

I agree with your comments about Chelsea, especially as they've had the rub of the green with injuries. They might easily tire or pick up an injury in the League Cup, as happened to Negredo at a time when he was really flying last season.

Where I disagree is the assumption that everything will generally balance out, particularly as so many City players are picking up recurring injuries.
Kompany has always been injury prone. That's why we got him so cheaply in the first place. I watched Hamburg five times when he was at the club and he never played once.
On Sunday it was obvious that he wasn't quite match fit and this probably contributed to an unusual number of unforced errors. That's understandable, but we've got the same problem with Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic.
If somebody can guarantee that we won't have any more calf/hamstring injuries this season then fine. Their injury record suggests that we will.

Chelsea will undoubtedly drop silly points, but we need to draw a line in the sand and stop making silly defensive errors.

Comparisons with 2012 and last season are fine to a point, but I don't see many comparisons with 2013 when we were in the same situation and continued to make the same mistakes.

Personally, I think the situation has far wider implications than a few recent dropped points. We're starting to look stale and desperately need fresh impetus. In the long run that might mean selling one of the crowd favourites, but that's another argument for another day.

LesBleuMiserable said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
It will be close again but i feel we will win it..

We have the experience and we come alive in the last quarter..

Chelsea are poor away from home and have had zero injuries..

Come the end of the season, they will be knackered especially against the teams who will scrap to avoid the drop..

I like your optimism....if only!

Just think about it, come towards the end of the season some of there big players ( who have avoided injuries ) will have played over 50 games without a break..

Then along comes the run in playing games against teams who are scrapping for there lives, i dont think they will have the energy to cross the line..

Chelsea have played the same side near enough all season. I'm confident it'll catch up with them. Our injury list has been horrendous. If we can get a fully fit squad we'll overcome them. We've done remarkably well without our key players so far.

You know what, I wish Chelsea weren't playing any of the top teams, as those are the games they are usually well up for, and win.... it's the teams that they underestimate that will give us our chances. It's still a long way to go, and I still don't buy into this bollocks that a loss against Chelsea is the end of our season and the title race over and done with. It's still January for goodness sake! 8 points behind with two games to play, and that's it over, but until then, we fight to the end! Have our last two titles taught us nothing?!

lazza said:
You know what, I wish Chelsea weren't playing any of the top teams, as those are the games they are usually well up for, and win.... it's the teams that they underestimate that will give us our chances. It's still a long way to go, and I still don't buy into this bollocks that a loss against Chelsea is the end of our season and the title race over and done with. It's still January for goodness sake! 8 points behind with two games to play, and that's it over, but until then, we fight to the end! Have our last two titles taught us nothing?!

For sure our last two titles taught us something, but so did the one in between.

The best team will win the League, but currently we're one win from the last four games (three of them against teams from the bottom half)

By all means fight till the end, but not with blind faith.

RandomJ said:
If it goes to the last day the Southampton game could be really tricky especially if they are fighting for 4th place.

High class problem.

Besides, we coped rather well with similar situations at Newcastle in 2012 and Everton last May.

Not sure why everyone thinks injuries will catch up with them. We're just as likely to get more injuries. i guess we've just been unlucky and have a few more players in the squad that are injury prone. That's what the difference will be at the end of the day.

Silva, Nasri, vinny, Sergio, Yaya, jovetic, edin ...all injured and were only just over half way through the season.

Even if we do go 8 points behind ( which I don't think we will ) if we have a fully fit squad from February I strongly fancy us to cross the line in May as champions,we have seen it before and I believe we will see it again,our managers record in the 2nd half of seasons is first rate.when the going gets tough champions do the business and by God we will.......PS fuck you Maureen !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.