The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

Marvin

Mancini critics in the media and on here have continually used City's performance in Europe as a stick with which to beat him.

Now compare Man Utd's record in the Champions League to City's over the last 2 seasons.

I know you can bring his Inter record into the equation. It doesn't explode the Mancini can't manage in the Champions League, that will always exist until he breaks the hoodoo, but it does undermine it somewhat.

The reality is that it's just another football game, played under the same rules, and if a manager can lead his side to success in one competition he can do it in another

I agree with most of what you write, Marvin. However, the CL is a bigger stage and there is no substitute for experience in coping with the challenges of great occasions. I think City will have learned a lot from this season's failure and will do better in the competition next year.

But overall, I take your point. City did just as well as Utd against Real if not slightly better. And it is just another football match - but played on a bigger stage.

It was a Joe hart error that changed our group, one mistake, it can happen.had with drew or beat Madrid that night which we deserved to we would have kicked on from there. Fine margins.

It's not just a bigger stage its much better opponents .. I agree with u to an extent but there's a difference between premier league and f.a cup ties with Everton and Tottenham to playing bayern real dortmund psg juventus barca...and England they been to most grounds and know what to expect but the same doesn't apply wen ur at the bernebeu camp nou Allianz arena San Siro..don't underestimate the power of an international stadium support outside of England..yaya said it himself about last year..he's never been more shaken,amazed and effected by a stadium and supporters than he did last year at Napoli..
In detail..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/it/news/94/calcio-e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/it/news/94/calcio-e</a> ... marono-le-

In a recent interview the ivorian midfield told about his experience in Naples a year ago in champions league.

Yaya Toure does not forget the San Paolo stadium: "I shook my legs, Naples supporters has a visceral love to their club".
Manchester City midfielder impressed by the atmosphere of Fuorigrotta: "I saw 80 thousand people whistle to us and i realized in what a mess we had made​​."

"Some important game in my career I've played, but when I heard that yell was the first time I shook my legs. "Words and music by Yaya Toure, Manchester City midfielder, who still engraved in my mind the impact of the San Paolo stadium during the match of the Champions League against Napoli played last year.

"In the morning we went to warm up in the pitch, Tevez was telling me about this stadium, but I, who have played in Barcelona I thought, that will never be - revealed the Ivorian to 'Sky' - Yet when I set foot on that field feel 'something magical, different."

The crowd roar left Touré speechless: "In that night when there was the Champions league anthem i saw 80 thousand people whistle to us and i realized in what a mess we had been ​​- said the midfielder - When i was there that I realized that this is not only a team for them, this is a visceral love, such as that between a mother and a son. It was the only time that I was still in the field after losing to enjoy the crowd show."

Baconface has won it twice and been runner up once plus they've usually got to the QF, which is the height of Mancini's achievement. But even if you only take the last couple of years, it clearly shows that by failing to qualify from an easy group and going out at the first knock-out stage, Baconface is past his sell-by date. If they carry on doing that, they'll be out of Pot 1 in 2 or 3 years time and it has cost them valuable revenue. They'll have to sign an "Official Cleaning Products partner" now to make that up.

That's a good argument for giving a lot of thought to his continued tenure in my view.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Baconface has won it twice and been runner up once plus they've usually got to the QF, which is the height of Mancini's achievement. But even if you only take the last couple of years, it clearly shows that by failing to qualify from an easy group and going out at the first knock-out stage, Baconface is past his sell-by date. If they carry on doing that, they'll be out of Pot 1 in 2 or 3 years time and it has cost them valuable revenue. They'll have to sign an "Official Cleaning Products partner" now to make that up.

That's a good argument for giving a lot of thought to his continued tenure in my view.

How many years did it take for pork salad Alex to win CL?

Marvin said:
Mancini critics in the media and on here have continually used City's performance in Europe as a stick with which to beat him.

Now compare Man Utd's record in the Champions League to City's over the last 2 seasons.

I know you can bring his Inter record into the equation. It doesn't explode the Mancini can't manage in the Champions League, that will always exist until he breaks the hoodoo, but it does undermine it somewhat.

The reality is that it's just another football game, played under the same rules, and if a manager can lead his side to success in one competition he can do it in another
Had Vincent not fucking ducked out of the way of that final CRonaldo shot everything would have been different. That's the fine line of it all. And that has nowt to do with Mancini.

The fact that Arsenal have played more games than City and United in the CL in the last two season's and the fact Chelsea got to the final with Grant and Di Matteo as manager but not Mourinho or Ancelotti, and Liverpool got to the final in 2005 and 2007, tells me that CL progression isn't always a good barometer to go off when talking about how good a manager or team is.

Also Dortmund have been the most impressive team in the comp this year and Madrid have a very good side. I never once thought we'd qualify after we found the draw out.

Against the better teams individual errors get punished. And this season we made one individual error after another in Europe.

Maybe games against the best teams require a more concentrated and rigorous tactical approach from players and manager but our record in the League against such teams is good.

Only a fool measures a manager against a record in the Cups when there is a domestic League to use as a benchmark. It remains a minor issue, and should be put into perspective.

Man Utd's record in Europe is not good when you consider how many times they have been in Europe, but no one brings it up and rightly so

Just looking for a bit of consistency - like looking for the proverbial needle

Keith Moon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

How many years did it take for pork salad Alex to win CL?

Exactly! On the basis that some of our fans are measuring Mancini against, Slur Alex, would never have got to deliver the decades of success he has.

We went out of a group that contains two teams in the last 8 further than the rags have got this season and in my min two teams that will most likely get to the last 4.

They progressed by two whole games compared to us. Two whole games, I say. Count 'em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.