The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

ell said:
Caveman said:
Marvin said:
Mancini critics in the media and on here have continually used City's performance in Europe as a stick with which to beat him.

Now compare Man Utd's record in the Champions League to City's over the last 2 seasons.

I know you can bring his Inter record into the equation. It doesn't explode the Mancini can't manage in the Champions League, that will always exist until he breaks the hoodoo, but it does undermine it somewhat.

The reality is that it's just another football game, played under the same rules, and if a manager can lead his side to success in one competition he can do it in another
Had Vincent not fucking ducked out of the way of that final CRonaldo shot everything would have been different. That's the fine line of it all. And that has nowt to do with Mancini.

The fact that Arsenal have played more games than City and United in the CL in the last two season's and the fact Chelsea got to the final with Grant and Di Matteo as manager but not Mourinho or Ancelotti, and Liverpool got to the final in 2005 and 2007, tells me that CL progression isn't always a good barometer to go off when talking about how good a manager or team is.

Also Dortmund have been the most impressive team in the comp this year and Madrid have a very good side. I never once thought we'd qualify after we found the draw out.

I dont think Vinny did duck. Watch the way Ronaldo strikes the ball he strikes it like no other and the ball moved in the air. I think the replays make it look like he ducked but look at the way the ball leaves Ronaldos foot

And Vinny specifically discussed this after the match, saying that only Ronaldo can make the ball dip and move that way.

All biting this morning.

Text all the rags asking "So lads,how many more games did you have in europe than us?"

They came back with the usual "one season wonders blah blah blah.

They are on the slide.I can just feel it.

It is now down to us or Everton to stop them winning the double

I'm sure Mancini will be even more determined to qualify to the knock-outs next season, not just to shut the media up but also for himself. He is a winner and he will not let it go that easily.

Third time lucky?! I think so :) But maybe I'm too optimistic and patient for some on BM.

To be fair if we'd qualified from the group and then lost narrowly to a team like RM at this stage nearly everyone would have been happy.

Compare and contrast Mancini's record in Europe with Mourinho's, and you have your answer.

ecviper said:
I'm sure Mancini will be even more determined to qualify to the knock-outs next season, not just to shut the media up but also for himself. He is a winner and he will not let it go that easily.

Third time lucky?! I think so :) But maybe I'm too optimistic and patient for some on BM.

Determined? i'm sure.

Capable??

hgblue said:
Compare and contrast Mancini's record in Europe with Mourinho's, and you have your answer.

Mourinho has always had sides who were already well versed in CL football. It's easier from that start point.

Mancini took a club with no experience of CL and struggled but we'll have learned. Would Mourinho guaranteed us qualification? I'm not sure and probably not given it was individual errors which cost us. Even Mourinho can't account for these.......

FergieOut.jpg

CityPar said:
hgblue said:

Mourinho has always had sides who were already well versed in CL football. It's easier from that start point.

Mancini took a club with no experience of CL and struggled but we'll have learned. Would Mourinho guaranteed us qualification? I'm not sure and probably not given it was individual errors which cost us. Even Mourinho can't account for these.......

I hate Mou, but give him fair credit - he won it the first time with Porto. He's the kind of manager who "...can take his and beat yours, and then take yours and beat his."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.