The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

Pam said:
They progressed by two whole games compared to us. Two whole games, I say. Count 'em.

One. Two. Yer right Pam, but how much further would they have gone had to play the quality of group teams we had. They have consistently got to the knockout stages partly on the back of playing shite teams in the group!

I don't want to sack Mancini for his CL performance but I think the way the rags set up at the Bernabau & last night (simple game plan, playing to their own strengths) compared to the way Mancini set up (2 debuts at the Bernabau, players not knowing their jobs) was chalk & cheese.

Ferguson almost knocked them out, Mancini was lucky they didn't score 10 & had Ferguson been in charge of our players, I think we would have got through this season & last.

Keith Moon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Baconface has won it twice and been runner up once plus they've usually got to the QF, which is the height of Mancini's achievement. But even if you only take the last couple of years, it clearly shows that by failing to qualify from an easy group and going out at the first knock-out stage, Baconface is past his sell-by date. If they carry on doing that, they'll be out of Pot 1 in 2 or 3 years time and it has cost them valuable revenue. They'll have to sign an "Official Cleaning Products partner" now to make that up.

That's a good argument for giving a lot of thought to his continued tenure in my view.

How many years did it take for pork salad Alex to win CL?
That's not the issue here though. Marvin was talking about the last couple of years. And I'm saying there is an argument for saying that, over that period, both managers must be vulnerable.

That was the first decent team the rags have played in europe in 2 years while city have played the last 2seasons in the group of death, if the rags had been in the 2 groups city had been in they two would have not progressed, give mancini another crack at it.

city 'til i cry said:
Still unbeaten at home in 2 CL seasons, something to build on?
Perhaps but lets not dress up our CL performances for something they are not, we should have qualified last year without doubt, that was a failure, the group was tough, but we were the second best team in it on paper. This year was more difficult, but taking only a point off Ajax was a poor effort, as de niro said unlucky not to get a point in Madrid, though in truth we were battered there, but should have seen the game out. We were shite all ends up against Dortmund though, and while they are good, and I hope they win it, we should still be able to compete.

Uniteds record in the last couple of seasons is not much better than ours, and if you look at who they've played its arguably worse.

dortmond and madrid wouldnt surprise anybody if they won it,thats how hard our group was,same as the year before,the champs league is loaded for the usual suspects,until we can push on in it then it will always be harder for us.

as for any mancini out threads,the people who call for his sacking havent got a fucking clue imo,and sound like a bunch of spoilt smacked arsed kids,who want everything now.

Tbf, we weren't very lucky with who we were paired up with in the Group Stages. The Rags get teams like Sporting CP and Basel almost all the time and we got Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax.

Caveman said:
Marvin said:
Mancini critics in the media and on here have continually used City's performance in Europe as a stick with which to beat him.

Now compare Man Utd's record in the Champions League to City's over the last 2 seasons.

I know you can bring his Inter record into the equation. It doesn't explode the Mancini can't manage in the Champions League, that will always exist until he breaks the hoodoo, but it does undermine it somewhat.

The reality is that it's just another football game, played under the same rules, and if a manager can lead his side to success in one competition he can do it in another
Had Vincent not fucking ducked out of the way of that final CRonaldo shot everything would have been different. That's the fine line of it all. And that has nowt to do with Mancini.

The fact that Arsenal have played more games than City and United in the CL in the last two season's and the fact Chelsea got to the final with Grant and Di Matteo as manager but not Mourinho or Ancelotti, and Liverpool got to the final in 2005 and 2007, tells me that CL progression isn't always a good barometer to go off when talking about how good a manager or team is.

Also Dortmund have been the most impressive team in the comp this year and Madrid have a very good side. I never once thought we'd qualify after we found the draw out.

I dont think Vinny did duck. Watch the way Ronaldo strikes the ball he strikes it like no other and the ball moved in the air. I think the replays make it look like he ducked but look at the way the ball leaves Ronaldos foot

ell said:
Caveman said:
Marvin said:
Mancini critics in the media and on here have continually used City's performance in Europe as a stick with which to beat him.

Now compare Man Utd's record in the Champions League to City's over the last 2 seasons.

I know you can bring his Inter record into the equation. It doesn't explode the Mancini can't manage in the Champions League, that will always exist until he breaks the hoodoo, but it does undermine it somewhat.

The reality is that it's just another football game, played under the same rules, and if a manager can lead his side to success in one competition he can do it in another
Had Vincent not fucking ducked out of the way of that final CRonaldo shot everything would have been different. That's the fine line of it all. And that has nowt to do with Mancini.

The fact that Arsenal have played more games than City and United in the CL in the last two season's and the fact Chelsea got to the final with Grant and Di Matteo as manager but not Mourinho or Ancelotti, and Liverpool got to the final in 2005 and 2007, tells me that CL progression isn't always a good barometer to go off when talking about how good a manager or team is.

Also Dortmund have been the most impressive team in the comp this year and Madrid have a very good side. I never once thought we'd qualify after we found the draw out.

I dont think Vinny did duck. Watch the way Ronaldo strikes the ball he strikes it like no other and the ball moved in the air. I think the replays make it look like he ducked but look at the way the ball leaves Ronaldos foot
Exactly what I thought. The way Ronaldo struck the ball was trademark and pure quality. Pretty sure, Kompany was going for a header.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.