The Scottish Politics thread

A bad day for Scotland coming immediately after Hamza's win last week.
Lets hear the charges before we find them all guilty.
Personally I think it’s a good day for Scotland given that the police have finally stopped dragging their feet with this investigation and made an arrest.

The failure to do so while Mrs Murrell was FM strongly suggests to me that political influence was at play, as I struggle to comprehend how it would take almost two years for an investigation such as this - with a clear and obvious public interest - to reach the current stage.

Reactions: PPT
Probably a mixture of 2 things, she tied herself up in knots over the trans prisoner row and then this.

Probably a mixture of 3 things.

The two you say, and then also getting to a dead end with the referendum/indy strategy, with time and pressure at the tail end of it. A new person buys themselves time by default.

But it is probably most likely this though, they would have known it was coming and tried to distance it from the party. Or were pushed to do so.

Not sure it makes any difference to Starmer, there seems to be very little shift towards Labour from the SNP in Scotland maybe a bit and a bit from the tories. Think it will take more than this to convince anyone of Scottish Labour.

Labour were already up by 10% on their 2019 GE performance and the only party in Scotland with a net favourable opinion. This is from a month ago before this news.

How it would impact an election for Holyrood I have no idea, but for Starmer it’s a big win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.