The Scottish Politics thread

‘People in my constituency being constantly harmed by the UK government.’

Presumably they harm them by keeping public spending in Scotland at a much higher level than would be in the case with independence?

What a load of horseshit. But anything to distract from the SNP’s horrendous record in government I suppose.

‘People in my constituency being constantly harmed by the UK government.’

Presumably they harm them by keeping public spending in Scotland at a much higher level than would be in the case with independence?

What a load of horseshit. But anything to distract from the SNP’s horrendous record in government I suppose.

She has tried to make herself look like a martyr and failed, looks like if she did move to the SNP she'd fit right in.

It seems to me that the wish for independence is the only thing that holds the SNP together. There seems to be a broad spectrum of more general political ideologies within it. With Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon they have tended to follow relatively left wing policies, but that seems to be shifting to the right a bit under Humza Yousaf.
If ,independence is ever achieved I would expect the SNP to disintegrate and we would have just the Scottish equivalent of the parties in England.

It seems to me that the wish for independence is the only thing that holds the SNP together. There seems to be a broad spectrum of more general political ideologies within it. With Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon they have tended to follow relatively left wing policies, but that seems to be shifting to the right a bit under Humza Yousaf.
If ,independence is ever achieved I would expect the SNP to disintegrate and we would have just the Scottish equivalent of the parties in England.
The snp are for many a means to an end. When scotland becomes independent the snp will fragment and become irrelevant.

Why would they disintegrate? Would they not just become a Center left party?

The country isn’t in a good place and relies on handouts from Westminster where, under the Tories, they weren‘t going to get.

Can’t blame anybody wanting to be independent and wanting to align with Europe, it‘s a no-brainer.

Why would they disintegrate? Would they not just become a Center left party?
Some of the “mood music” that has come out since the stepping down of Nicola Sturgeon makes me think that they are not as coherent as they seemed previously. But meantime they seem to be the only prospect for independence in the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.