The Scum v CITY - CC 2nd Leg - Official Match Thread

tonethestone said:
i cant remember last time i was this nervous about a match, come on City!

how likely is Toure starting?

Not injured so no reason why he should not start as he is experienced- For the away leg would defo take him over the new lad who has been standing in. That said, Onouha has always done a decent job at center half too and therefore need be considered (if fully fit and we're without Toure). That left back position still concerns me and would suggest Pabs for it but he is lacking pace and against crossing tranny MK2 may get punished.

Experience will be the key tonight and we must not lose our heads- slow steady build up and then release the dragon....

Slaviniho said:
tonethestone said:
i cant remember last time i was this nervous about a match, come on City!

how likely is Toure starting?

Not injured so no reason why he should not start as he is experienced- For the away leg would defo take him over the new lad who has been standing in. That said, Onouha has always done a decent job at center half too and therefore need be considered (if fully fit and we're without Toure).

Experience will be the key tonight and we must not lose our heads- slow steady build up and then release the dragon....

thanks mate. cant wait till tonight, praying we get to Wembley, will be going hospitality style for it too if we get there.

Onouha is quality, but would defo prefer Toure back there. Boyata has done well, but think the lad will get lost on this occasion.

Got to have 2 plans for this game. Plan A is to compete with them, defend well and hit them quick on the counter. SWP for me on the right as he is the better defender compared to Petrov, but still has the pace to get forward quickly. Although I wouldn't be too upset it Petrov played either.

Plan B should be aimed at ensuring we get 2 away goals, hence Ade , Petrov and Robbie on the bench to come on if needed. Two goals for us mean they'd have to get four against us.

Can't remember ref - it was posted on here last week though. All I know is a rag colleague is very happy with tonight ref, Very happy.

----------------------Given-----------------------

----Richards---Toure ---kompany------Garrido-----

---------------------de jong----------------------

----------ireland----------------barry-------------

----SWP--------------------------------bellamy---

----------------------tevez-----------------------

subs.....addy---robbie---petrov---zabs---neddy--ibra---taylor

id love to see this team out tonight,i know some dont rate toure to highly but we need his experience tonight and we will have plenty of options on the bench aswell

Webb is REf and Wiley 4th official

Team

..........................Given..............................

Richards........Toure......Kompany...........Zab

SWP.............De Jong.....Barry.........Petrov

....................Tevez.....Bellamy................

Vieira is still injured and Mancini as stated Ade will start on the bench (could be a ploy though)

Pab Zab will get skinned for pace against Tranny MK2 and Petrov wont track back which WILL be needed tonight.

Cant be too attacking tonight or we'll get hammered on the counter with their pace.

I think Mancini will try and flood the midfield tonight to make it difficult for United to get any time or space on the ball, that will mean a 4-5-1 formation which will, probably, look something like this:-

----------------------Given-----------------------

----Richards---Toure ---kompany------Garrido-----

---------------------de jong----------------------

----------Zabaleta----------------barry-------------

----Petrov--------------------------------bellamy---

----------------------tevez-----------------------

Subs

Taylor
Adebayor
Onuoha
Sylvinho
Ireland
SWP
Boyata

Personally I'd go with SWP over Petrov, but Mancini seems to be a big Petrov fan so I think he'll get the nod.

Well Anderson won't be playing for the scum tonight, he's fucked off to Brazil without the club's permission.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.