The sh*t song

agreed, we swapped it for the harmless good fun that is the poznan and things start going a little wobbly.

LETS ALL DO THE POZNAN NA NA NA!

All football chants are mildly cretinous, factually inaccurate and arrogant. It's the nature of the beast.

Fans of Div 2 clubs are bound to sing 'there's only one *insert name* when the truth is that there's likely a few hundred thousand people with that name and the player in question is pretty shit as he's playing in Div 2.

People need to stop expecting football chants to rival Keats and Blake and accept them for what they are.

Maybe the gypsy curse under etihad quite liked the bouncing around so allowed more of it:-) lol
Or maybe its my superstitious mind but we need 10 wins from 10 so what harm can it do
Let's all do the poznan
Let's all do the poznan

Impeccable said:
Maybe now the ''We'll score when we want'' can die a death. Because, quite obviously, we can't. If ever there was a case of WANTING to score - surely, it was yesterday.

Possibly the worst song I've heard sang by City fans. It was OK as a piss take in the 6-1. But that should have been it.
The worst City song of all time!

It was funny at Old Trafford for about five minutes, after that day it was stupid and not funny whatsoever!<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
All football chants are mildly cretinous, factually inaccurate and arrogant. It's the nature of the beast.

Fans of Div 2 clubs are bound to sing 'there's only one *insert name* when the truth is that there's likely a few hundred thousand people with that name and the player in question is pretty shit as he's playing in Div 2.

People need to stop expecting football chants to rival Keats and Blake and accept them for what they are.
I agree. We don't play at Maine Road anymore but I like to sing about it; Ireland wasn't Superman but I liked to sit about it; Shaun Goater wasn't really a Goat but I liked to sing about it... HOWEVER, I fucking despise that fucking "score when we want" bullshit, I have and will never sing it and I think anyone who does sounds like a fucking ****!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
WNRH said:
I am of the opposite opinion. When the opposition fans are singing

"You've never won fuck all"
"You're just a shit man united"
"United, United, United"
"Sold your arse to an Arab"

and then football fans are saying

"Small club City"
"Players are only their cos of the money"
"Plastic club"
"20,000 empty seats"
"Joke club"
"no history"

and then the media are being complete twats about us.

When we go one nil up, then two nil, then three i take huge delight in singing "we score when we want" followed by "we'll buy your club and burn it down"

Used to hate both songs, now i love singing them, fuck everybody else.

Exactly! Why should we care if we sound arrogant or not? People aren't going to love us any more if we become nobel respectful fans....

The worse most cringeworthy thing we've done was play "Delilah" for the Stoke fans when we played them at home after the F.A cup final..

Some people really need to get their priorities in check if a simple "We'll score when we want" chant upsets them.

It's not high on my priorities list, pal. And I couldn't a flying f*ck what other people think about us. But when a song from our own fans makes me cringe - well, that basically tops the lot. You can say what you like - myself and many others believe it to be a sh*t song - and it always will be, whether sang by ourselves or opposing fans.

Perhaps we should replace it with "we'll score so long as it doesn't offend any opposition supporters because we're desperate to be seen as nice people".

Score when we want is much easier, so we should keep singing it. Who gives a toss what anyone else thinks. Too many sensitive souls around, it's just a bit of banter.

moomba said:
Perhaps we should replace it with "we'll score so long as it doesn't offend any opposition supporters because we're desperate to be seen as nice people".

Score when we want is much easier, so we should keep singing it. Who gives a toss what anyone else thinks. Too many sensitive souls around, it's just a bit of banter.

Why didn't we sing it at Swansea?

Impeccable said:
moomba said:

Why didn't we sing it at Swansea?

Errr...we didn't score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.