The sh*t song

moomba said:
Impeccable said:
moomba said:
Perhaps we should replace it with "we'll score so long as it doesn't offend any opposition supporters because we're desperate to be seen as nice people".

Score when we want is much easier, so we should keep singing it. Who gives a toss what anyone else thinks. Too many sensitive souls around, it's just a bit of banter.

Why didn't we sing it at Swansea?

Errr...we didn't score.

My point entirely. Thank you.

We're also not the best team in all the land and all the world (at the moment).

It's just a song.

moomba said:

It's just a song.

In my eyes we are the best team in the land - always have been. However, I don't believe we can score at will. In fact, I know we don't and never will. Ever.

Impeccable said:
moomba said:

It's just a song.

In my eyes we are the best team in the land - always have been. However, I don't believe we can score at will. In fact, I know we don't and never will. Ever.

It's just a song.

Have you ever sung that you're not really here, when you actually are?

moomba said:

It's just a song.
As i said; We don't play at Maine Road anymore but I like to sing about it; Ireland wasn't Superman but I liked to sit about it; Shaun Goater wasn't really a Goat but I liked to sing about it... HOWEVER, I fucking despise that fucking "score when we want" bullshit, I have and will never sing it and I think anyone who does sounds like a fucking ****!

There's something about that song, the tune (Sloop John B is currently the worst footy tune)? The words? I dunno it's just fucking shit!

We aren't the best team in the land and all the world, but that's a good song and i like singing it. It's just this particular song about scoring when we want, that particular song is absolutely fucking shit!

moomba said:
Impeccable said:
moomba said:

It's just a song.

It's just a song.

Have you ever sung that you're not really here, when you actually are?

Yes many times. And many others that are quirky. However, I am referring to the cringe-tingling arrogance of the song in question. Please just TRY to understand that.

danburge82 said:
moomba said:

It's just a song.
As i said; We don't play at Maine Road anymore but I like to sing about it; Ireland wasn't Superman but I liked to sit about it; Shaun Goater wasn't really a Goat but I liked to sing about it... HOWEVER, I fucking despise that fucking "score when we want" bullshit, I have and will never sing it and I think anyone who does sounds like a fucking ****!

There's something about that song, the tune (Sloop John B is currently the worst footy tune)? The words? I dunno it's just fucking shit!

We aren't the best team in the land and all the world, but that's a good song and i like singing it. It's just this particular song about scoring when we want, that particular song is absolutely fucking shit!

I don't know, I would rather sing it and be thought of as a fucking ****, than be a person that would presume someone they don't know is a fucking **** because they join in with a bit of banter that they join in.

But thats just me.

I personally like the Sloop John B song too, but I might be in a minority on that.

Maybe we could do a Tracy Chapman tune instead every time we score.

Sorry, we scored against you
We'll try not to do it again
We hope your not upset
Forgive me, forgive me.

-- Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm --

Impeccable said:
Yes many times. And many others that are quirky. However, I am referring to the cringe-tingling arrogance of the song in question. Please just TRY to understand that.

It's not arrogant at all IMO. Please try and understand that many see it for what it is. Just a bit of banter.

danburge82 said:
moomba said:

It's just a song.

I hate moaning bastards that moan at slightest little things such as a none offensive football chant and I think anyone that does is a ****!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.