The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Great turnout on the Leeds side streets.......
The media and record industry may try and cancel him..... but the public still love The Man
View attachment 86213
Things turn full circle in such a strange way. 37 years since I last saw The Smiths live in Manchester, my daughter was at this last night at exactly the same age that I was then.

Why have people tried cancelling him? Is it just because he’s said some things about the chinese On their eating of animals and halal meat?
Because he's a massive dick with far right, nationalist, arguably racist opinions.

I was a Smiths fan and still am. What I dislike about the man is the way he hid his homosexuality in the 1980s. In the position he was in, if he had any guts, he could have been a role model for gay teenagers who were mostly still in hiding back in those days.

Because he's a massive dick with far right, nationalist, arguably racist opinions.

I was a Smiths fan and still am. What I dislike about the man is the way he hid his homosexuality in the 1980s. In the position he was in, if he had any guts, he could have been a role model for gay teenagers who were mostly still in hiding back in those days.
I don't think he hid it. It was all there in the lyrics.

I don't think he hid it. It was all there in the lyrics.
It was hidden there but he did hide it. He should have come out and used his position to help others. Obviously his sexuality and it's declaration is his own responsibility but I believe he could have used it for so much good.

It was hidden there but he did hide it. He should have come out and used his position to help others. Obviously his sexuality and it's declaration is his own responsibility but I believe he could have used it for so much good.
Freddie Mercury, George Michael, Michael Stipe - and many more all hid it, yet non wrote more about it than Morrissey

Freddie Mercury, George Michael, Michael Stipe - and many more all hid it, yet non wrote more about it than Morrissey
He could have owned it. He hid it. Doesn’t matter about anyone else, and he had the ear of the students and the insular and misfits. An area with a lot of closets at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.