The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Far right? Really? Ha ha
Didn't he go to live in Italy because England wasn't English anymore ? I seem to remember reading that but could've been a load of old codswallop :)

That would put him in the John Cleese privileged old white man gammon chops territory.
Educate me MES !

Didn't he go to live in Italy because England wasn't English anymore ? I seem to remember reading that but could've been a load of old codswallop :)

That would put him in the John Cleese privileged old white man gammon chops territory.
Educate me MES !

I think when we find ourselves labeling Morrissey as far right then we probably need to check our labels are fit for purpose. Immigration presents both challenges and benefits, but as the labelling of Morrissey as a sort of singing Tommy Robinson shows, any attempt to even mention the challenges is shut down by well meaning idiots. Those doing the labelling/ shutting down are causing lasting damage to society (imho). As an aging population the fact is we need immigration and lots of it, but if we can't even freely discuss the challenges then there is no way we can address them and we create a vacuum that will be filled by idiots and extremism.

I think when we find ourselves labeling Morrissey as far right then we probably need to check our labels are fit for purpose. Immigration presents both challenges and benefits, but as the labelling of Morrissey as a sort of singing Tommy Robinson shows, any attempt to even mention the challenges is shut down by well meaning idiots. Those doing the labelling/ shutting down are causing lasting damage to society (imho). As an aging population the fact is we need immigration and lots of it, but if we can't even freely discuss the challenges then there is no way we can address them and we create a vacuum that will be filled by idiots and extremism.
Best post of Xmas Day (still the 25th here!)

I can't decide whether he's left wing or right wing :)
He wore a badge in support of For Britain or Britain First.... one of them, either way, he supported the party purely because the party pledged to support animal rights issues. Yes the party had some other dodgy ideologies non of which he has vocally supported.
The media, of course, didn't bother looking into the issue too much, but simply preferred to label Mooriisey a raving nazi lunatic.

It's an interesting topic as one always identified The Smiths as anti Thatcher anti capitalism left wing in their outlook but nowadays Morrissey is confusing me.
I'm sure plenty have read this article.
It doesn't personally bother me, most very talented artists are hypocritical. Roger Waters, John Lennon etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/30/bigmouth-strikes-again-morrissey-songs-loneliness-shyness-misfits-far-right-party-tonight-show-jimmy-fallon?CMP=shar

He wore a badge in support of For Britain or Britain First.... one of them, either way, he supported the party purely because the party pledged to support animal rights issues. Yes the party had some other dodgy ideologies non of which he has vocally supported.
The media, of course, didn't bother looking into the issue too much, but simply preferred to label Mooriisey a raving nazi lunatic.
Ha ha, brilliant bit of political chicanery there MES.
“I voted for Hitler, purely because he said he’d make the trains run in time. Dodgy eugenics policy? Maybe, but I don’t support those. I just like what he says about trains.” If you wear a badge, fucking well own it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.