The Smiths & Morrissey thread

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/salford-lads-club-brink-closure-30106265
This is terrible news. I have a photo with me and my kids, in the iconic doorway. Wonder if Morrissey or Marr will donate a few bob?
It's an on going problem. Morrissey donated £10k around 15 years ago to the roof fund.

Sadly I think the building is just too big to be maintained and operating on a daily basis.
The work the club and staff do is fantastic and there is a great need for it to remain open. The issue I have here is it needs 250k to see it through to November - and then how much is needed for December and January? Is it just throwing money at it to delay the inevitable?
The club needs a long term investment / funding package to secure its future and this I'm afraid isn't it the answer for long term stability but a quick fix.

Strange decision.

They were playing to 18000 at the co-op arena in June!
I thought it strange too. They played to a general admission venue with a 2700 capacity in Brooklyn. I thought they were the headliners, but no.
Everyone in the audience was there to see marr, and quite a few seemed to hate Morrissey when some of them were chatting to me asking who James was. It was all bizarre really.
Tim booth seemed a little pissed off in his set. When he was coming into the audience, he stopped, went back up stage and announced to all to put their "fucking" phones away as they were in his face. He also made one or two other patronising comments to the audience, which is very unlike him.
Some of those wankers in the front recorded the entirety of both sets, which was bizarre as some of them were the ones that asked me who james was.
Don't want to ever go to brooklyn again. Rubbish atmosphere. Although I already have tickets to a Maiden concert there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.