The Smiths & Morrissey thread

I watched the Morrissey piss-take episode of The Simpsons last night, I’m surprised I wasn’t aware of it. No wonder he was offended, it was terrible. Another reason to dislike Benedict Cumberbatch (who did the voice of Quilloughby, lead singer of The Snuffs).

And I am far from being a Morrissey or Smiths fan.
Heard about it at the time it came out but never watched it, I've never watched any episode of the Simpsons.

Heard about it at the time it came out but never watched it, I've never watched any episode of the Simpsons.
As a bit of a Simpsons fan, although it’s way past its best now and I just watch occasional recent episodes, it called him an out and out racist and shamed him for putting on weight. I was appalled by it. Normally when ‘roasting’ a celebrity they finish with them on a positive note but this was an out and out assassination.

As a bit of a Simpsons fan, although it’s way past its best now and I just watch occasional recent episodes, it called him an out and out racist and shamed him for putting on weight. I was appalled by it. Normally when ‘roasting’ a celebrity they finish with them on a positive note but this was an out and out assassination.
What a bizarre scene to make i mean i imagine very, very few Yanks would have a had clue aa to who he is

I watched the Morrissey piss-take episode of The Simpsons last night, I’m surprised I wasn’t aware of it. No wonder he was offended, it was terrible. Another reason to dislike Benedict Cumberbatch (who did the voice of Quilloughby, lead singer of The Snuffs).

And I am far from being a Morrissey or Smiths fan.
A very poor episode of a series that should’ve finished years back.

What a bizarre scene to make i mean i imagine very, very few Yanks would have a had clue aa to who he is
It really was bizarre. The pretext actually was that very few US viewers had heard of these UK bands (they said it was a hybrid of Morrissey and Robert Smith but I didn’t see any Cure influence in the character) as it was Lisa trying to challenge “Slapify” (Spotify) to find a genre that she could enjoy and this was the very final suggestion.

The other thing, do Americans not know that “wanker” isn’t really suitable for a kid’s show?

It really was bizarre. The pretext actually was that very few US viewers had heard of these UK bands (they said it was a hybrid of Morrissey and Robert Smith but I didn’t see any Cure influence in the character) as it was Lisa trying to challenge “Slapify” (Spotify) to find a genre that she could enjoy and this was the very final suggestion.

The other thing, do Americans not know that “wanker” isn’t really suitable for a kid’s show?
I get asked "what is a wanker?" every now and then and usually.show them a picture of Ryan Giggs with an explanation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.