The Smiths & Morrissey thread

People (rock fans mainly) will regularly wank over the ability of guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Keith Richard's, Eric ClappedOut etc etc but how the fuck is Johnny fucking Marr not mentioned in the same breath?

He was absolutely superb last night...... it was a joy to be there in Boston watching a Mancumian City fan bringing the house down......

People (rock fans mainly) will regularly wank over the ability of guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Keith Richard's, Eric ClappedOut etc etc but how the fuck is Johnny fucking Marr not mentioned in the same breath?

He was absolutely superb last night...... it was a joy to be there in Boston watching a Mancumian City fan bringing the house down......

Even music has its fan boy element, it's a herd mentality, if it's said often enough people will start to believe it.

Talking of Johnny……
I’m in the Orpheum Theatre in Boston and James have just finished their set and Johnny is on next!
Are they supporting JM? Wonder why they have decided to do this tour. How big are the venues?

I love Shadow of a Giant where their female singer takes centre stage at the beginning. Beautiful singing.

Are they supporting JM? Wonder why they have decided to do this tour. How big are the venues?

I love Shadow of a Giant where their female singer takes centre stage at the beginning. Beautiful singing.
Yes I thought it was James as the headliners….
Both on stage around an hour and 15 mins. No other support, James were on at 7.30pm and Johnny around 9.15pm.
Theatre type venues. Last night the Orpheum in Boston capacity 2,700

James had 9 in the band (including a lovely female drummer who also played guitar on a few songs) and Johnny has 3 in his band and there were loads of roadies. No idea how the tour is viable with 9 in a band and a shit load of roadies

Last edited:
Yes I thought it was James as the headliners….
Both on stage around an hour and 15 mins. No other support, James were on at 7.30pm and Johnny around 9.15pm.
Theatre type venues. Last night the Orpheum in Boston capacity 2,700

James had 9 in the band (including a lovely female drummer who also played guitar on a few songs) and Johnny has 3 in his band and there were loads of roadies. No idea how the tour is viable with 9 in a band and a shit load of roadies
Strange decision.

They were playing to 18000 at the co-op arena in June!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.