The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Just googled and found this. Learn something new every day lol
Wonder what year it was.

"And like any great band, they suffered from extraordinary hubris: when they were invited by the biggest band in the world, The Police, to open for them during their UK tour, the Smiths declined. Morrissey insisted that his band was “more important than The Police will ever be.”
Moz was right though wasn't he?

Just googled and found this. Learn something new every day lol
Wonder what year it was.

"And like any great band, they suffered from extraordinary hubris: when they were invited by the biggest band in the world, The Police, to open for them during their UK tour, the Smiths declined. Morrissey insisted that his band was “more important than The Police will ever be.”
Proper northern attitude, love it.

I remember the roses saying something similar about supporting the rolling stones around 1990, saying they should support the roses and the rolling who?

Nearly caused a riot at the Spike island press conference.

One for @ChicagoBlue
Can I crash at your place for the night next month ;)

View attachment 24222
Thank goodness I’ll be in Maui on vacation, and you wouldn’t want to be around the house with my adult kids running the show!!!

:-D

That particular fest used to be a Metal show. Glad to see they’ve branched out. Looks like a nice line-up. Morrissey and “Preview Party” hardly seem synonymous, but maybe he’ll bring a smile with him?!

That neighborhood (West of Rush Hospital & S of I-290) is not the greatest location to wander around, or for a festival, but I guess Millenium Park/Grant Park, where they hold Lollapalooza, must either be too expensive or the City is not willing to hold a festival there during that period. There have been a few festivals that have destroyed the parks, esp during wet weather!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.