The Smiths & Morrissey thread

The thing is in The Smiths it was all very left wing so the music media lapped it up..... Now he is leaning to the right, all of a sudden he is being told to shut up.
Farage gets put on question time again and again yet Morrissey is told to be quiet.

He isn't being told to shut up, long standing fans of the music of the smiths and him look at what he has become, a bloated self opinionated parody of himself and also a bit fucking nuts and think, turn it in mozza you sound a knob.

What the music press do is their business, but I know a few devotees of him that never missed a gig when he was in town just not arsed if he ever toured in the north west again.

The comparrison with farage is skewed because the music press and the beeb are different but farage is like mozza in that most people think farage is cockend too.

Last edited:
Love the smiths and mozza, although Tbf haven't bothered with anything he's done since about 2004. I think people sometimes forget he's just a pop singer and put him up on some ideological pedestal from which he is bound to dissapoint. If I didn't eat meat or shag birds for 30 or 40 years I'd be a miserable bitter fucker too. A brass and a macdonalds would probably chill him right out.

He isn't being told to shut up, long standing fans of the music of the smiths and him look at what he has become, a bloated self opinionated parody of himself and also a bit fucking nuts and think, turn it in mozza you sound a knob.

What the music press do is their business, but I know a few devotees of him that never missed a gig when he was in town just not arsed if he ever toured in the north west again.

The comparrison with farage is skewed because the music press and the beeb are different but farage is like mozza in that most people think farage is cockend too.

That is his thing and always has been to upset people and be controversial. Like attacking Band Aid as the suffering of the people in England was worse due to the song.

He was called racist 30 years ago, even though the songs weren't but brought up the issues like; Asian Rut, Bengali in Platforms and National Front Disco when he was at his solo peak. November Spawned a Monster about a disabled child wasn't PC even in 1990 either.

His view on this lot at a gig ended up in he threatening to walk as an audience member told him to fuck off, it would have probably been blown up into something bigger these days:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/may/12/animalwelfare.topstories3

being a fan of morrissey and more so the smiths ,I was given the miserable ones new album for fathers day, its a covers album and some of the covers could of been written by morrissey himself, well chosen songs ,I didn't actually enjoy the album at all, and have now taken it out of the car and replaced it with some red hot chilli's

Who has been to every place mentioned in Panic ?

I think I have been to everywhere except Dublin and Dundee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.