The Smiths or Oasis?

RoqueSantaBoozeCruz said:
jimharri said:
_45165854_deaf_logo_203.jpg
Coming from a man who likes Queen!
Criticism from a "wacko" fan. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

How can you try and compare anyone to Morrisey. He's a one off. Legend in my lifetime.

I grew up loving Oasis and still do but I also got in to The Smiths when I nicked my dad's record collection about 7 or 8 years back. Been to see Morrissey a few times and have mostly been blown away more so than the times I've seen Oasis. But having seen Johnny Marr up close at a gig he is something else!

Let's see, Oasis... Started off as an un-original Stone Roses tribute band with an Ian Brown impersonator to boot, However, evolved into making such Karaoke classics as 'Wonderwall' and 'Cigarettes and Alchohol'. By the end turned themselves into a really poor un-original Beatles tribute band. I was gutted they broke up before re-mastering 'Yellow Submarine'. It's got to be said though Noel Gallagher is a top bloke and the only bits of decent stuff Oasis ever did was down to him!
The Smiths.... Everything bad about Oasis was good about The Smiths. Original band, lead singer, songs, song writing and managed to establish themselves as one of the all time great bands without jumping on the tailend of some Madchester bollocks. Morrissey and Johnny Marr (Top man and proper blue who actually goes to the games) are two of the best frontmen and lead guitarist ever, I have also seen both bands play live and I promise you The Smiths win hands down.
There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.