The Sopranos

Mayor West

Is it as good as everyone says? Really want to watch it but something, I'd not know what, is putting me off.

Yeah I'm the same mate, I have never been sucked into the hype of these modern American series like you mentioned,lost, 24, prison break etc,but I do like the mafia (hence my username).

Godfather said:
Is it as good as everyone says? Really want to watch it but something, I'd not know what, is putting me off.
If you do watch it, give it chance. A few years back i switched off after one epidsode as i didn't see what the fuss was about. Anyway i gave it another chance, and for me it's the very best tv show i've ever seen (along with Lost - when i'm in the mood). Granted i haven't seen The Wire, but yeah you should watch The Sopranos. It's brilliant.

Godfather said:
Yeah I'm the same mate, I have never been sucked into the hype of these modern American series like you mentioned,lost, 24, prison break etc,but I do like the mafia (hence my username).

you like the mafia yet you haven't seen the Sopranos? Lets just say it pisses on any mafia related film/documentary you have ever seen, and that includes the godfather, goodfellas, donnie brasco etc etc. To have what is effectively 7 seasons and the strength it churns out is remarkable writing, just watch it.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Godfather said:

you like the mafia yet you haven't seen the Sopranos? Lets just say it pisses on any mafia related film/documentary you have ever seen, and that includes the godfather, goodfellas, donnie brasco etc etc. To have what is effectively 7 seasons and the strength it churns out is remarkable writing, just watch it.

Yeah as I mentioned something is putting me off it, and I think it may be that it is in series form, rather than movie form. You echo most most peoples opinion of it though. What's the best way of viewing it? Shall I just buy the big box set?

Godfather said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:

Yeah as I mentioned something is putting me off it, and I think it may be that it is in series form, rather than movie form. You echo most most peoples opinion of it though. What's the best way of viewing it? Shall I just buy the big box set?

Absolutely buy them, you'll put them in pride of place on the shelf once you've finished them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.