The Sopranos

I don't watch much TV, if something is shit i refuse to watch it (hence why i don't watch much TV), The Sopranos and The Wire are both as far from shit as it's possible for TV to be.

ono said:
Godfather said:
Is it as good as everyone says? Really want to watch it but something, I'd not know what, is putting me off.
If you do watch it, give it chance. A few years back i switched off after one epidsode as i didn't see what the fuss was about. Anyway i gave it another chance, and for me it's the very best tv show i've ever seen (along with Lost - when i'm in the mood). Granted i haven't seen The Wire, but yeah you should watch The Sopranos. It's brilliant.

It would be number 2 if you did watch The Wire.

Yea alot of these tv series are best being watched episode by episode.

i struggled watching Sopranos on C4 years ago when it was on there as I didn't like waiting weeks for one episode.

Same with The Wire, I had watched every season before BBC2 picked it up anyway but to watch all 6 seasons episode by episode took The Wire to the top of my list for best tv series ever made....
Sopranos being a close second.

Only frustrating thing about Sopranos for me? the final episode... the ending was awful... presumably done to keep the door open if you will, for a follow up movie.

SteSteez said:

i struggled watching Sopranos on C4 years ago when it was on there as I didn't like waiting weeks for one episode.

Same with The Wire, I had watched every season before BBC2 picked it up anyway but to watch all 6 seasons episode by episode took The Wire to the top of my list for best tv series ever made....

Only frustrating thing about Sopranos for me? the final episode... the ending was awful... presumably done to keep the door open if you will, for a follow up movie.

The ending is genius mate, watch it back and keep your eye out for characters from previous seasons, all wholly important to the conclusion of the show, also your viewpoint on the wire is one i came to after finishing it, then i watched the sopranos again and for shear enjoyment it wins hands down, the wire has the depth of writing and realism, doesn't have the consistency of characters imo.

Shame on you, mentioning Prison Break in the same sentence as Sopranos!

Get it watched mate. I'm currently half way through the 3rd series. Have seen it all before but my mrs wanted to watch it so no harm in watching it again. You will start feeling for the characters like as if you know them, thats what it does to you!

The best thing thats ever been on tele by a country mile.

Prison Break?!!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
SteSteez said:

The ending is genius mate, watch it back and keep your eye out for characters from previous seasons, all wholly important to the conclusion of the show, also your viewpoint on the wire is one i came to after finishing it, then i watched the sopranos again and for shear enjoyment it wins hands down, the wire has the depth of writing and realism, doesn't have the consistency of characters imo.

There is no deeper character than Omar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.