The Southampton Thread!

Kun Aguero said:
So much for the owner selling everything and accepting relegation. This mob could be even stronger than last season.

Well for me if it's one thing that their new board proved it's their own incompetency. If the reports are true with that 12m for Shane Long.

I think they'll be fine. A mid-table finish would be solid in my opinion.

Koeman as manager helps matters, definitely. Spending £12m on Long is daft but you can understand their predicament, having to spend big on their second and third choices. A couple of shrewd signings and they'll be able to build on what Pochettino and the rest started. Maybe not necessarily breaking into the Top 7 but certainly establishing themselves as a mid-table Premier League club.

Samosa said:
I think they'll be fine. A mid-table finish would be solid in my opinion.

Koeman as manager helps matters, definitely. Spending £12m on Long is daft but you can understand their predicament, having to spend big on their second and third choices. A couple of shrewd signings and they'll be able to build on what Pochettino and the rest started. Maybe not necessarily breaking into the Top 7 but certainly establishing themselves as a mid-table Premier League club.

I'm very dubious that they'll finish that high. New manager in a new league, squad completely ripped apart, strong rumours/ key player such as Schneiderlin & Rodriguez are unhappy being tapped up and making it apparent they want to leave...Etc etc it doesn't exactly fill me to the brim with confidence. Personally I feel it's very optimistic that they'll re-establish themselves as a mid-table club, if they don't get off to a good steady start I'd be very concerned if I were a saints fan. Purely staying up and surviving this season, considering the amount of high-profile departures, should be deemed as a resounding success in my opinion.

mad4city said:
hutton who blue said:
Indeed we do. And Kevin Keegan, bless him would sign them all given the chance. And Given as well.

Sorry, that's nonsense. Given gave City great service, took his unlucky demotion under Mancini with good grace and has always spoken well of City since his departure. In short, he was undoubtedly one of our better signings in recent times. Perhaps you're thinking of Seaman?
My apologies mate. It was just a daft quip. No offence or real seriousness was intended.

They've just paid 12mil for Shane Long. That is an amazing amount of money for such an average player

Blue Hefner said:
They've just paid 12mil for Shane Long. That is an amazing amount of money for such an average player
Roughly £3m per goal. To think City are ruining football! For slightly more than twice that amount we bought Silva!

Damocles said:
Won't finish top 10.

Their manager is massively overrated too.
That was their biggest mistake. I think they still have a decent enough squad but Koeman is a shit manager. I don't think he'll last the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.