The spending is not over!

Ronnie the Rep said:
Apparently we are looking for a central defender

no-shit-sherlock.jpg

;-)

If we are serious about the Champions League we need Pepe for his experience

As Tevez said, City froze in Europe last season. The players thought it was something else and froze. I don't even know if Pepe is enough. What we need more than anything else is an opening win to take the pressure off, and for that we need a decent draw

But I'd still buy Pepe. Kompany has the winners attitude on the pitch. He was way below par last season, but you can't have enough players who will put themselves on the line every game, and will not be beaten

Marvin said:

As Tevez said, City froze in Europe last season. The players thought it was something else and froze. I don't even know if Pepe is enough. What we need more than anything else is an opening win to take the pressure off, and for that we need a decent draw

But I'd still buy Pepe. Kompany has the winners attitude on the pitch. He was way below par last season, but you can't have enough players who will put themselves on the line every game, and will not be beaten

Totally agree. Pepe could well turn out to be the best signing we make this summer.

hgblue said:
Marvin said:

Totally agree. Pepe could well turn out to be the best signing we make this summer.
Prone to mistakes and his on-field lack of discipline and diving antics make him a liability imo.

MonkeyButler said:
hgblue said:
Marvin said:

Prone to mistakes and his on-field lack of discipline and diving antics make him a liability imo.
You mean he wont let Messi rip him to shreds. He doesn't play like that every game

Last season he received 7 yellows and 0 reds in La Liga

Marvin said:
MonkeyButler said:
hgblue said:
You mean he wont let Messi rip him to shreds. He doesn't play like that every game

Last season he received 7 yellows and 0 reds in La Liga

I agree - with the engineer at the helm he might not be such a liability.

Marvin said:

Wasn't all about freezing imo...we needed a bit of luck as well, which we didn't get...

I know this sounds like old stuff, but the season before last, we could and should have had 2 penalties in the first 20 mins against Bayern - Boateng on Silva and then Richards - when the score was 0-0...then being 2-1 up in Madrid last season...a bit more luck and we would have certainly made the knock out stages the season before last and if we had got a result in Madrid, it would have changed the complexion of the group as well...

My wish?? A bit more luck!!! We had/have the players...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.