The spending is not over!

Super David Silva 21 said:
everyones favourite person has this to say........

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 13h

Manchester City have seen rejected a bid for Lazio and Brazil mid Hernanes around a month ago. The bid was approx 18m €

I don't believe a word he says!

NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:
If we are serious about the Champions League we need Pepe for his experience

As Tevez said, City froze in Europe last season. The players thought it was something else and froze. I don't even know if Pepe is enough. What we need more than anything else is an opening win to take the pressure off, and for that we need a decent draw

But I'd still buy Pepe. Kompany has the winners attitude on the pitch. He was way below par last season, but you can't have enough players who will put themselves on the line every game, and will not be beaten

Mancini was the biggest single factor in our demise in Europe.

We set up too slow and deep as a consequence of the season before when we were beaten by Napoli and became Inter mk2 again.

Mancini changing formations numerous times throughout the game bred nervousness. The last place you wanna try out new formations and systems is the biggest stage in club football. You save that stuff for lower level opposition.

The key to being successful in Euope is working as a unit and everybody knowing their jobs. Simple passes that get to the man and then breaking together in organised fashion. Press together, move together and work together. Passengers who lack confidence and quality get shown up. Lescott, Barry, Kolarov and Dzeko should not be starters in any CL games. Never again.

Nasty, Fernandinho, Clichy and Jovetic/Negredo. It has to be.

I was at the Ajax game. We had the game under control, scored had several chances before they equalized to score again. Barry lost the ball and simply gave up, they scored from a player who was unmarked. We should have scored with in the first minute of the second half, then conceded a goal from a poorly defended corner. Then we should have equalized on several occasions and then Ajax scored with a very lucky deflection. You can side with the rag propaganda and biased journalism, but has as many shots on goal and more corners than Ajax. It was a bad night for Barry, who visibly aged during the game and Lescott was had better nights. The key was pace, the people who wanted to see Mancini fail, aren't City supporters, there something else, egotists with a twisted view of the world. Because to have wanted Mancini to fail, was to have want the club I have loved for 40 years fail, so *uck you, to those people. Mancini asked for 3 quality players and Rodwell and Nasty. The rest were signed literally out of spite and for this Khaldoon and co should apologize. So it wasn't Bobby's fault that Barry was arsing about and then couldn't be bothered tracking back properly, or than Micah didn't play a one-two with Yaya, which would have left him with a straight forward cross to Sergio to tap in, plus the rest. We lacked pace and he wanted to address it and was undermined. Our new additions aside from Negredo, add pace, Negredo will give 100%, that will help. The manager will, I hope, do well and seems a gentleman, which is in line with how we want to conduct our self's. The players have been culpable and I would have thought that the disgraceful attitude shown by some of them in the FA cup final, would still be fresh in our minds. Sadly not.

VOOMER said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:

As Tevez said, City froze in Europe last season. The players thought it was something else and froze. I don't even know if Pepe is enough. What we need more than anything else is an opening win to take the pressure off, and for that we need a decent draw

But I'd still buy Pepe. Kompany has the winners attitude on the pitch. He was way below par last season, but you can't have enough players who will put themselves on the line every game, and will not be beaten

We set up too slow and deep as a consequence of the season before when we were beaten by Napoli and became Inter mk2 again.

Mancini changing formations numerous times throughout the game bred nervousness. The last place you wanna try out new formations and systems is the biggest stage in club football. You save that stuff for lower level opposition.

The key to being successful in Euope is working as a unit and everybody knowing their jobs. Simple passes that get to the man and then breaking together in organised fashion. Press together, move together and work together. Passengers who lack confidence and quality get shown up. Lescott, Barry, Kolarov and Dzeko should not be starters in any CL games. Never again.

I was at the Ajax game. We had the game under control, scored had several chances before they equalized to score again. Barry lost the ball and simply gave up, they scored from a player who was unmarked. We should have scored with in the first minute of the second half, then conceded a goal from a poorly defended corner. Then we should have equalized on several occasions and then Ajax scored with a very lucky deflection. You can side with the rag propaganda and biased journalism, but has as many shots on goal and more corners than Ajax. It was a bad night for Barry, who visibly aged during the game and Lescott was had better nights. The key was pace, the people who wanted to see Mancini fail, aren't City supporters, there something else, egotists with a twisted view of the world. Because to have wanted Mancini to fail, was to have want the club I have loved for 40 years fail, so *uck you, to those people. Mancini asked for 3 quality players and Rodwell and Nasty. The rest were signed literally out of spite and for this Khaldoon and co should apologize. So it wasn't Bobby's fault that Barry was arsing about and then couldn't be bothered tracking back properly, or than Micah didn't play a one-two with Yaya, which would have left him with a straight forward cross to Sergio to tap in, plus the rest. We lacked pace and he wanted to address it and was undermined. Our new additions aside from Negredo, add pace, Negredo will give 100%, that will help. The manager will, I hope, do well and seems a gentleman, which is in line with how we want to conduct our self's. The players have been culpable and I would have thought that the disgraceful attitude shown by some of them in the FA cup final, would still be fresh in our minds. Sadly not.

People also forget we were 4 minutes away from beating Real Madrid in their own back yard.
Overall last year was a disappointment. But the year before to hit 10 points in the group we were in and not qualify was genuinely bad luck. However, it show just how much small margins make the difference at the very top level.
Can't wait for the CL draw for this season!

andyhinch said:
Manx Blue said:
calum down said:
fat-cat-stuck-in-pet-door.gif

Chuff me...that's the size of a leopard!

"Ground control to Ginger Tom...."
I thought they had spots

I never said it was...

-- Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 pm --

andyhinch said:
Manx Blue said:
calum down said:

Chuff me...that's the size of a leopard!

"Ground control to Ginger Tom...."
I thought they had spots

I never said it was...<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Garganese hates English football (and especially City) and is one of those who feeds a large anti-Premier League sentiment among Goal's commenters (where everyone and everything is overrated). Garganese is a smug bastid on Twitter too.

k4qf9rbjw5ib4czi709u.png

C N U T

VOOMER said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:

Va Va Voomer!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.