The spending is not over!

grunge said:
Mad 4 It said:
Yep and the five that would leave are. arry, Lescott, Sinclair, Garcia and kola.

There replacements could be Pepe, Matip, Coentro Di Maria and Vidal :)

If we got rid of Barry, Sinclair and Lescott I think there Would be issues fullfilling the british player quota.

Yeah so that's nine new players who haven't played in prem before that's bound to work,.

brian the blue said:
I'd say we are as far away as 5 new players from truely completing our squad.

We need another Midfielder to replace Barry and Garcia, a "navas" for the left wing, a new left back to replace Kolarov, and potentially 2 new centre halves, one to replace Lescott.

... But that's probably the agenda for next summers window.
^^^This^^^

salfordblue-tony2 said:
grunge said:
Mad 4 It said:
Yep and the five that would leave are. arry, Lescott, Sinclair, Garcia and kola.

If we got rid of Barry, Sinclair and Lescott I think there Would be issues fullfilling the british player quota.

Yeah so that's nine new players who haven't played in prem before that's bound to work,.
It didn't matter when we played teams full of players who'd never played in the Prem in last year's Champions League did it.........

We still got chewed up and spat out and the other Prem teams didn't fair that much better did they?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
CityStu said:
Mad 4 It said:
Yep and the five that would leave are Barry, Lescott, Sinclair, Garcia and kola.

No chance, for two reasons.

Firstly, there's no way we could keep that standard of player happy as second choices, nor would our current first choices be happy back ups. You're just asking for squad disharmony and huge numbers of players moving in and out each summer.

Secondly, we have to reach a home-grown quota and you're planning on getting rid of 3 of the current bunch without replacement. I personally think the home-grown players we have are some of the best available and we shouldn't be so keen to get rid.

Also, do those players really stack up that badly against our rivals' back up players?

I'd have quite liked to have seen Ljajic brought in as a replacement for Sinclair and then a centre half added to complete the squad. However, I think you're right about the home grown thing. In fact I'm not even sure who qualifies at present. Presumably Hart, Wright, Lescott, Richards, Rodwell, Milner, Barry and Sinclair. But does anyone else qualify? Clichy perhaps?

I like Ljajic a lot and his addition wouldn't be such an issue as I believe he qualifies as an U21 for the league.

I think Barry's too off the pace looking at preseason and we have a little leeway in the home-grown quote so I'd like to see him sold. Loved him 2 seasons ago but feel that others (including Garcia) can do his job more effectively than him now.

I'd also like to see a CB brought in but as a younger back-up to Kompany rather than an experienced head as some suggest. I understand the desire for a knowledgeable head at the back but would hate to see Nastasic pushed down the pecking order after his showings last season.

On one of the other comments, is Tom Ince really any better than Sinclair? Scott tore up the Championship too...

4 players have already been brought in. 1 CB at most will be brought in IMO. More than that could be too many in at once. But the attack is well covered IMO.

I think next summer the likes of Kolarov, Barry, Garcia and possibly Lescott will be replaced. And Nasri unless he plays well enough this season to earn a new contract. Same with Dzeko.

City still needs a world class player maker .... Most of the teams have atleast 2 and 3 player maker at a time like in the staring line up, like Barcleona iniesta , xavi and messi . In city you have only 2 play maker like silva and Nasri but I counted as one cos both are not going to be in te starting line up. We still needs a player like cesc mata modric ....

If city hijack cesc from Barcelona , if would be wonderful to watch him in the centre line up with silva and nasri.

The lineup will be like
dzeko or negredo or jovetic
Nasri cesc silva
Yaya dinho
Clichy nastastic kompany Micah
Hart

luckyadeel78 said:
City still needs a world class player maker .... Most of the teams have atleast 2 and 3 player maker at a time like in the staring line up, like Barcleona iniesta , xavi and messi . In city you have only 2 play maker like silva and Nasri but I counted as one cos both are not going to be in te starting line up. We still needs a player like cesc mata modric ....

If city hijack cesc from Barcelona , if would be wonderful to watch him in the centre line up with silva and nasri.

The lineup will be like
Nasri cesc silva
Yaya dinho
Hart
no aguero must have sold him to Madrid

langy[wales] said:
luckyadeel78 said:

The lineup will be like
Nasri cesc silva
Yaya dinho
Hart
no aguero must have sold him to Madrid

Or Navas ....no width, are you Mancini in disguise ?

brian the blue said:
I'd say we are as far away as 5 new players from truely completing our squad.

We need another Midfielder to replace Barry and Garcia, a "navas" for the left wing, a new left back to replace Kolarov, and potentially 2 new centre halves, one to replace Lescott.

... But that's probably the agenda for next summers window.
Agree with this although I don't think we will need two centre halves next summer as I think Rekik will become a major squad player next season he is already getting rave reviews from his loan spell at PSV.

Hopefully Kolarov and Sinclair will leave before the window shuts and I wouldn't mind seeing Barry go as I can't see him getting much game time with Fernandinho, Yaya, Rodwell and Garcia all vying for two spots. Would love another pacy winger like Navas who can play on the left (the Salvio links seem to have gone quiet) but I would be very surprised if we signed another attacking player this window. A CB purchase seems the most likely before the end of Augast as if Kompany gets injured we look very frail at the back but I could see Pellegrini putting his trust in Boyata and Richards for cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.