travelman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A fun few weeks still be had.

Great for City.

Not so good for the transfer forum.

Fecking terrible for our rivals.

Has Tolmie elaborated on this anywhere else yet

or are we getting who we need pepe

United missing out on everyone (ronaldo, fabregas, Sweinsteigar, Messi the list goes on and on )and forcing Rooney to stay out of spite
Chelsea missing out on Rooney
Tottenham holding onto all the Bale money and sticking with Soldado
Real go completely mad and buy Suarez as well, so Arsenal miss out on the striker they so badly need or is this just wishful thinking on my part.
No we reported we'd spend more money and TH reiterated it, a few hours latter.

It would be idiotic to not get another top class cb as if something happens to vinny as well then big trouble! Surely we won't be that naive?

Disagree. Our central defence is stronger than the season we won the title ...... assuming Kompany is fit.

Only argument for buying someone like Pepe is for experience in the Champions League

We have so many players who can cover in central defence.

Marvin said:
Disagree. Our central defence is stronger than the season we won the title ...... assuming Kompany is fit.

Only argument for buying someone like Pepe is for experience in the Champions League

But cover is not a natural defender marv? Say vinny gets injured against Newcastle then we will look shakier at the back? Can't have Garcia and lescott pairing again!

Marvin said:

cover is all well and good but quality is what we need and we dont have that.

It is all very well saying cover isn't good enough we want quality but which players are out there who will challenge Vinny for a regular starting spot bearing in mind what Vinny has already accomplished and the fact that as Captain he is likely to be the first player on the team sheet. Having two quality players for each position is desirable but in reality IMO it ain't going to happen. If and I say if we do find that quality player he will want to play in CL and we are up to the limits as far as players go for that competition so who makes way?

Rammyblues said:
It is all very well saying cover isn't good enough we want quality but which players are out there who will challenge Vinny for a regular starting spot bearing in mind what Vinny has already accomplished and the fact that as Captain he is likely to be the first player on the team sheet. Having two quality players for each position is desirable but in reality IMO it ain't going to happen. If and I say if we do find that quality player he will want to play in CL and we are up to the limits as far as players go for that competition so who makes way?

Pepe in and lescott out for me rammy. Micah can cover cb and then if zab needs to go to lb Micah goes straight in to rb as usual. Just grab pepe and put the chequebook away!

Thing is I have read the Pepe thread with interest but at the moment it looks a no goer unless you know different.

richards30 said:
Rammyblues said:

Pepe in and lescott out for me rammy. Micah can cover cb and then if zab needs to go to lb Micah goes straight in to rb as usual. Just grab pepe and put the chequebook away!

^^^
This

Rammyblues said:
Thing is I have read the Pepe thread with interest but at the moment it looks a no goer unless you know different.

I think when Bale signs Real will look to recuperate monies spent, that's when we will really know if he is available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.