The spending is not over!

With the transfer of Kolo, we are one down in the CB area, and as Lescott has already issued veiled threats in saying that his England career is dependent on getting regular games, I would suggest we should call his bluff and sign Pepe. This will enhance a move away for Lescott, yet if this happened, we would still remain one down in this position. City should then look out for a young CB to fast track through the system and bring our numbers up, just as they did with Nasty. Boyata is not the answer to this problem and a move away would be in the kid's best interests.

I'd try and sign skirtel and willian both offer something we lack and both seem available.

DaveStevens said:
We should have been in for Marquinhos.
The kid's going to be the best centre back in the world in a couple of years time.

Yes, alongside Varane at Real.

Apart from Phil Jones obviously.

Len Rum said:
modgeblue said:
we should go for suarez , horrible bastard but class
Very silly ,we need a CB and LB urgently.

Our left side is weak.

As much as i dont rate Kolarov,i would prioritise left wing before fullback.

The manager will be well aware as the preseason games have highlighted our weaknesses,however,whether we can acquire the quality replacements needed i'm not sure.

I don't see us just spending on numbers like we did last season,that was a monumental fuck up I never want repeated.

FantasyIreland said:
Len Rum said:
modgeblue said:
we should go for suarez , horrible bastard but class
Very silly ,we need a CB and LB urgently.

Our left side is weak.

As much as i dont rate Kolarov,i would prioritise left wing before fullback.

The manager will be well aware as the preseason games have highlighted our weaknesses,however,whether we can acquire the quality replacements needed i'm not sure.

I don't see us just spending on numbers like we did last season,that was a monumental fuck up I never want repeated.
Hopefully players brought in are the likes of Willian, Coentrao, Pepe, Gustavo. I don't expect us to get all 4 as that would be unrealistic and we probably aren't even targeting all those guys but they are quality and play in positions that we could use reinforcements in. If we got Pepe and Coentrao that would be awesome as both can play in midfield and Coentrao can even play LW!

Matt the Giant said:
DaveStevens said:
We should have been in for Marquinhos.
The kid's going to be the best centre back in the world in a couple of years time.

Yes, alongside Varane at Real.

Apart from Phil Jones obviously.

And alongside Nastasic, if you please!

Nastasic was always why we weren't going to sign another wonder kid centre half. We need experience now.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A fun few weeks still be had.

Great for City.

Not so good for the transfer forum.

Fecking terrible for our rivals.

Any update on this? Is this related to incoming transfers or just Rooney/Suarez messing their teams around?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.