The spending is not over!

Just got the internet back after a fornight without having moved house.

Have we had any solid links in that time from any itks or elsewhere?

Craving transfer fix.

Cheers in advance.

FantasyIreland said:
Train said:
FantasyIreland said:
In order to give the best account of ourselves in all competition we still need a centre half and a left winger,i'd also hope for a better left back.

I think a DM is more important than a left winger. We have enough firepower as it is, but if either one of Yaya or Fernandinho get injured, then our chances in the Champions league greatly diminish.

If we can find buyers for Garcia,Razak and Barry,i'd agree we could upgrade.
We have Rodwell and Milner who can adequately cover.

They are good enough for CL. His point pertains to the CL. If Yaya or Fernandinho miss CL games we are in trouble. Same goes for Vinnie. We are pretty deep everywhere else on the pitch. But to get deep in the CL I think we need another CM and CH of quality.

Hopefully one or two more additions before the window shuts but if not we are still good to go.

Just a few hours ago during the press conference Pellegrini was asked about potential new CB and he answered "we will see next week" and considering the fact that Barry is not with the squad at the moment maybe there is a buyer for him so if we manage to sell him Pellegrini will have place in his squad for an additional CB. Am I right?

Cook said:
Just a few hours ago during the press conference Pellegrini was asked about potential new CB and he answered "we will see next week" and considering the fact that Barry is not with the squad at the moment maybe there is a buyer for him so if we manage to sell him Pellegrini will have place in his squad for an additional CB. Am I right?

Agreed, this is what I made of Pellegrinis interview.

OK, just visited the matchday thread,.....jeez, it's a strange place. I was going to watch the stream after the game on the official site but it has been pulled so used the clubs twitter and bluemoon matchday.

I think we all know that on a bad day;

Nasri doesn't really contribute too much and is a bit of a spineless effer.

Lescott is slow and ponderous and has to think long and hard about making a 10 yard pass to a teammate.

Hart can flap at the ball and doesn't command the full 18 yard area, especially on set pieces.

Kompany can try too hard, especially when covering for others, and ends up diving in, resulting in either an injury to himself or a foul on the opposite player and a freekick in a dangerous area.

Yaya can wander around the pitch looking disinterested and sits on the ground moaning to the ref when he trips over.

Silva can't shoot, and doesn't have a right foot.

Dzeko jogs around and has no pace.

We had a bad day today, but it was only a friendly, and Arsenal wanted to win it as badly as Bayern Munich wanted to beat us last week.

Pellegrini and his team treated this as a training match and will have learnt a bit more about some of our players. They can all be coached and Pellegrini and his team will try to minimise the errors which are too common from some players.

On paper we have a very strong, experienced squad. We can make improvements, and a CB and another holding midfielder could be essential. A left back to replace Kolarov and challenge Clichy for his starting place would be nice, as would a proper left winger, but these won't be brought in this window. I think GazBaz leaving would be a mistake, but it would clear his wages for FFP and leave room to bring in better players in future transfer windows.

Roll on next Monday, and hopefully Pellegrini will have ironed out some of the weaknesses from certain players, who are all very good when they are fighting to get in the team. They all have something to prove especially after last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.