The Squad planning thread

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - 50mil
Moussa Diaby - 65mil
Alphonso Davies 80mil

SMS gets a bucketload of goals and assists, technically solid, is in his prime, works well with a dominant striker and can take some of the pressure away from Kev. Also 6ft4 so can add a lot of physicality. Contract up in 2024 so shouldn’t be massively expensive.

Diaby is rapid and can play either wing. Creates a good amount of chances, decent injury record, good dribbler.

Alphonso Davies, if he ever wanted to leave, would be our first choice LB for the next decade.

If Barca have to sell, I’d love Araujo & Balde. Bellingham would be the icing on the cake if we’re truly in for him.

Gundogan, Bernardo, Cancelo (if he wants out), Mahrez and whatever we get for Porro and the academy sales. Works out around 80mil net which ain’t unrealistic at all. Drops the average age down massively.

Money is not the question, the question is will those player want to join City? Particulary Sergei and Alphonse, no amount of money will convince them because they already loves and settled with the club.

Money is not the question, the question is will those player want to join City? Particulary Sergei and Alphonse, no amount of money will convince them because they already loves and settled with the club.

SMS has been ready to move for a few years now mate but lazio priced him out of a move? Davies is worth a serious look as in the summer he will only have one year left on his contract?

I want a 17-18 summer. Bollocks to net spend, I want us to be ruthless and I want the rest of the league to cry about it.

Completely agree. Bellingham, a top class left back and a searingly quick winger, regardless of cost.

We top the rich list apparently, so let’s actually fucking spend some of it. If the chavs can then we can, and more.

SMS is running his contract down, wants to win a trophy and is being linked with Arsenal/Juventus/Liverpool. Alphonso, maybe, maybe not, but Bayern look significantly worse than they do a couple of years ago.

Mitoma is superb. Granted, Bloom would want an obscene amount - as he's put out that 60m for Caicedo is 'stupidly low'

I'm of the opinion that we should really consider Mitoma. Very impressive player. Excellent dribbler and beats his man regularly.

Arsenal and Chelsea got couple players off them. Brighton are probably willing to sell if the compensation is right.

Can see Cancelo, Bernado and one of our centre backs leaving in the summer, possibly Laporte.

We then have

De Bruybe 32 this year
Walker 33
Gundogan 33 in the next season
Mahrez 32

For me in the next two seasons we are going to neeed to be looking to replace these players and thinking about the future.

It’s going to be quite a big challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.