The Squad planning thread

Not that i want him to go mate but i think he may be offered a number 1 spot somewhere and i do think city want Gvardiol

I think there are certain players City are happy to run down on a free, mainly due to age/ contribution etc.

I don’t think they would be happy letting a defender go in his prime for free, therefore as it gets to 2 years to go (which Ake and Laporte are in the summer) agree City will look to sell at least 1 unless they agree or think they will agree a contract extension.

I hope Ake gets/ agrees to one, but I can see him going potentially to Newcastle.

I think there are certain players City are happy to run down on a free, mainly due to age/ contribution etc.

I don’t think they would be happy letting a defender go in his prime for free, therefore as it gets to 2 years to go (which Ake and Laporte are in the summer) agree City will look to sell at least 1 unless they agree or think they will agree a contract extension.

I hope Ake gets/ agrees to one, but I can see him going potentially to Newcastle.

Very possible mate, especially with them now having money and both Ake and Howe having been together previously.

Not that i want him to go mate but i think he may be offered a number 1 spot somewhere and i do think city want Gvardiol

He’s been so good. I wouldn’t want to sell him under any circumstances. An excellent left-back option too. I don’t see the need to get rid of players who are already good enough who don’t want to leave. I get that we should refresh the squad but not too much.

Ederson (Keep)
Ortega (Keep or replace with back-up)

Walker (keep)
Stones (keep)
Cancelo (keep if we wants to stay otherwise sell)
Laporte (keep) -
Ake (keep)
Akanji (keep)
Dias (keep)
Gomez (loan)
Lewis (keep)
De Bruyne (keep)
Gundogan (keep for 1 more year)
Bernardo (if we get a good offer and he wants to go sell)
Phillips (keep)
Rodri (keep)
Palmer (keep *possible loan*)
Perrone (keep *possible loan*)

Mahrez (keep)
Grealish (keep)
Haaland (keep
Foden (keep)
Alvarez (keep)

Incomings:
New central midfielder - Bellingham? Love Mac Allister.
Left-back - must!!!! (Personally even if Theo Hernandez is expensive he could cover us long-term and solve our left-back problems.
New winger - love Mitoma at Brighton , Leao , Kvaratskhelia?

My transfers:
Jude Bellingham (in)
Theo Hernandez (in)
Rafael Leao (in)

Very possible mate, especially with them now having money and both Ake and Howe having been together previously.

Wouldn’t want to strengthen a rival. If it was £45 million in the summer to Chelsea. I’d be wanting £60 mil now. Massive improvement.

Love the fact City are only Europe's 9th highest spenders in 2022 and Haaland is the 7th highest purchase. Sort of puts the money argument to bed. Plus Ferran Torres went for more than we paid for Erling. Good business City.

It's tough to know what to do this summer. If Bernardo goes then I'd keep Gundogan for a year. If not, I'd let Gundo go. Hopefully we can bring Bellingham in. I'd like to see another wide player added just to freshen the attacking options up. Defensively the LB position would be at the top of our list, but we'll probably ignore that again! I would imagine it would be tough to keep Ake, Laporte, Dias, Stones and Akanji. Ake has been so good at CB and LB but Laporte is miles better on the ball. It's a toss up between those two really, and Ake probably has more potential game time for us than Laporte. Good luck to the club there!

It depends a lot on what we do or don't win this season. Win the CL and then I think we'll need a huge investment in the summer. They'll have won it all and will they have the same interest in performing? We'd need to freshen it up considerably I think. If we struggle this season and don't win anything then I think the natural fight in our players will see them step up next season and we'll find that balance required to get the best out of Haaland.

Reading a lot of good things about Martinez.

Doing well at Girona this year, ex la masia product. Could easily be brought in if we decide to let Cancelo/Walker go.

Just a quick note on Alphonse Davies, i can't see us going for him given Pep had a gentleman's agreement with Bayern not to buy any of their players, but if he only has 17 months left of his contract, i genuinely don't understand why we haven't looked to bring him in.
I assume that would be a gentleman's agreement when he first left? After the way they behaved re Sane and everything they say relating to FFP etc I don't think there's much love lost there now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.