The standard of written English on this forum

squirtyflower said:
timesprout said:
dont know about you but i find learning something new entertaining. Thats in spite of limp wristed gargoyles, with inferioty complexes
you have an enlightened approach
now they are unfunny, gay ugly munts who feel persecuted

i think the complex is with someone else in the thread to be fair

Oh for the days of old. My tutors, as we moved en famille through the bush from village to village, fell into two categories. Either they were steely eyed, gimlet jawed men of the frontier speaking only Swahili in lessons, with no thoughts of home comforts and quite at home with a brisk thrashing from a bunch of jungle twigs to start the day, or they were tweed clad harridans with buttocks like bactrians humps and smelling of camomile. Most of todays schoolteachers are evidently in the pay of Moscow and not only read the Guardian but subscribe to it and infest its letters page with their pinko whinings.

timesprout said:
squirtyflower said:
i'm afraid not...
as i was being sarcastic
a low form of wit, i know, but better than sweeping generalisations and blaming others for one's own faults
ahh right missed that subtle hint of sarcasm, perhaps it was fault that teachers at my school didnt have the knowledge regarding learning difficulties, or my fault that the fact i couldnt recall verbatum my times tables no matter how many times i regurgitated it to myself. perhaps it was my fault that none of these blatent warning signs of something not being quite right wasnt picked up. Perhaps i should of had the self confidence to stand up in a class of my peers and said sorry sir im simple
or perhaps you shouldn't denigrate a whole workforce because of the lack of one or two practitioners not helping you like they should have
most of the teachers i know are hard working, self-less and put kids first, but some are knobs and so i wouldn't tar them all with the same brush

So, Which English language should we use on the forum, there's English English, Canadian English, Indian English, Australian English, USofA English, Irish English, Welsh English, Scottish English, and dare I say Mancunian English? Do we need a moderator to decide for us?
Only asking...
Oops, missed out Salford English :)

dxbroy said:
So, Which English language should we use on the forum, there's English English, Canadian English, Indian English, Australian English, USofA English, Irish English, Welsh English, Scottish English, and dare I say Mancunian English? Do we need a moderator to decide for us?
Only asking...
no such f'in thing mate
regardless of what Windows says!

squirtyflower said:
dxbroy said:
Only asking...
no such f'in thing mate

This is going to go on forever

squirtyflower said:
timesprout said:
ahh right missed that subtle hint of sarcasm, perhaps it was fault that teachers at my school didnt have the knowledge regarding learning difficulties, or my fault that the fact i couldnt recall verbatum my times tables no matter how many times i regurgitated it to myself. perhaps it was my fault that none of these blatent warning signs of something not being quite right wasnt picked up. Perhaps i should of had the self confidence to stand up in a class of my peers and said sorry sir im simple
or perhaps you shouldn't denigrate a whole workforce because of the lack of one or two practitioners not helping you like they should have
most of the teachers i know are hard working, self-less and put kids first, but some are knobs and so i wouldn't tar them all with the same brush
That was the reason for my backtrack on the sweeping generalisations, i can only speak from personal experience, and my experience is that not one teacher picked up on the fact i had a "spikey" being in education im sure you know what that means. not fecking one ! diligence, i think not, hard working i think not, wanting to know why i struggled to keep up with the blackboard rather than just get through a lesson....where is that selfless

dxbroy said:
squirtyflower said:
no such f'in thing mate

This is going to go on forever
i have to admit that the one thing that really pee's me off is Americanised English

color, nite, center, meter, tire, z instead of s in americanised grrrrrrr...........

it's English. (full stop)

OK,
Here's a few names:
Syd Barrett - no longer with us, bipolar;
Robert Calvert - same;
Ian Curtis -same;
Was it their teachers fault not to identify their condition?
I'm not a teacher btw.
And we are digressing from the off topic topic (or at least I am)
Oh, and they all made some classic music<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm --<br /><br />When I see 'gotten' on Bluemoon it does niggle a tad

timesprout said:
squirtyflower said:
That was the reason for my backtrack on the sweeping generalisations, i can only speak from personal experience, and my experience is that not one teacher picked up on the fact i had a "spikey" being in education im sure you know what that means. not fecking one ! diligence, i think not, hard working i think not, wanting to know why i struggled to keep up with the blackboard rather than just get through a lesson....where is that selfless

dxbroy said:
OK,
Here's a few names:
Syd Barrett - no longer with us, bipolar;
Robert Calvert - same;
Ian Curtis -same;
Was it their teachers fault not to identify their condition?
I'm not a teacher btw.
And we are digressing from the off topic topic (or at least I am)
Oh, and they all made some classic music

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm --

When I see 'gotten' on Bluemoon it does niggle a tad

Fortunatly teaching methods are changing, tho teachers are not. I know some teachers who think that dyslexia is a myth. i took a teachers qualification some years ago, and i must say mancat were top dollar. using black on yelow paper for me and realising that presetation wasnt the main aspect but understanding of the subject was, that said external verifiers would still mark down on poor presentation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.