The standard of written English on this forum

I remember the kippax said:
Obvious Mancunian said:
But it's a forum, not a classroom? How can you complain about a low level of grammar when we sit here all day talking utter shit and looking at dirty pictures? Or would you rather it be, 'Oh would you look at the bussom on that young lady'
'oh yes quite right, fabulous'
'yes i must say i do agree, slended rack one has aquired there'

I agree, it's a forum not a classroom - but occasionally there are threads on here that are very, very good - take the Mancini tactics thread on the Bluemoon forum - lot's of very good points, and no pictures of monkeys, or pies or whatever - those too have their place, just not on every flipping thread

The tactics boards at some other clubs can not be understood without pictures of monkeys and pies.

sweynforkbeard said:
I agree, it's a forum not a classroom - but occasionally there are threads on here that are very, very good - take the Mancini tactics thread on the Bluemoon forum - lot's of very good points, and no pictures of monkeys, or pies or whatever - those too have their place, just not on every flipping thread

The tactics boards at some other clubs can not be understood without pictures of monkeys and pies.

Hartlepool & Wigan then....

mnky7.gif

I think that there/their/they're isn't enough swearing/blaspheming in posts. I feel right at home when effin and jeffin is added.

fucking bingo

oakiecokie said:
Now I realise that I may just be another "Grumpy Old Man", however I am sick of the standard of written English on Blue Moon. I realise that some people may be dyslexic (my ex was) but there really is no excuse.

I actually picked a poster up on his spelling and some other guy jumped in saying does it matter - you understood what he was trying to say.

Well, this may sound like a tirade (and it is) but I am bloody sick of this text speak, wrong spelling and the "I just can't be bothered with the difference between there, their and they're or no, now and know" etc...

As an ex-Royal Signals Yeoman I am well used to the art of decoding messages but I really shouldn't have to do it now I have left the sodding green and trying to read posts on a forum

Rant over, thank you for consigning my ire to Cyberspace.....

Puts "Tin Hat On" and awaits comments....... ;-)

I`ve said this before and got a PM from a MOD saying I`d gone a bit too far with my response, ref this same subject.
However I will say it again, as I stand firmly on what I believe.
You sir are talking COMPLETE BOLLOCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am fortunate to work with a lot of young and older people who have problems with numeracy and literacy skills and they would love to come onto a CITY FORUM,where they are treated as equals.
Unfortunately we have some complete nobs on this Forum who "look down their noses" at people,with poor learning difficulties and this subsequently gives these unfortunates "a kick in the plums"
All they want to do is get involved in any City Forum,but this is exactly the reason they feel "second class" due to constant piss taking,from other Blue fans.
Most on this Forum are very fortunate to have a reasonable education,with their individual literacy skills, being better than others.
But why castigate others, who need help and support from fans on this Forum, relating to their "poor spelling and grammar" that seems to piss one or two arrogant Blues off.
Its easy to blame the education system,but there are insufficient teachers/tutors at a National Level, to help bring down the numbers of people,young and old,who need help in literacy and also dyslexia.
GIVE `EM A BREAK BOYS AND GIRLS !!
THEY HONESTLY WOULD LOVE TO JOIN A FORUM THAT WELCOMES THEM WITH OPEN ARMS, WITHOUT FEAR OF JOINING, DUE TO THE INEVITABLE PISS TAKES AND A THREAD WHICH SERVES NO PURPOSE AT ALL.
Suprisingly, I`ve toned this down and instead used it as a tool to help raise awareness at others misfortunes,than just a slagging post from yours truly.
I have broad shoulders to take the flack on here.
Unfortunately they don`t !!!

Educated enough to sign up and perhaps partake in internet forums but not educated enough to write in Word and press F7 then cut and paste? In fact recommend them to use Chrome as their browser as it comes with a spell checker.

It's the way it is now , i'm afraid .......

the kids today are playing with fire ...... some of them leave school with no idea of how to spell , read or even write because in their texting and messaging world they don't use proper english , and they tend to think it's the be all and end all , and not least the ONLY way to communicate.

Teachers are up against it because the kids only want to arse about in lessons , and the kids know that , thanks to the last government , they are basically 'untouchable' .... so chaos reigns.

A lack of respect , manners and intelligence is all too commonplace nowadays amongst young people ..... youngsters turn up for job interviews dressed like Ged Clampett ......... and quite frankly it's all gone too far .... worst of all , we all know there's no way back.

mancityvstoke said:
I think that there/their/they're isn't enough swearing/blaspheming in posts. I feel right at home when effin and jeffin is added.

fucking bingo

If takings are down at Mecca etc then why not?

88 -two bastard fat old cnuts
13 -twatting unlucky for some poor cnut
32 -fuck buckle my pissing shoe
58 -make them fucking wait, the impatient knob head cnuts
54 -clean the floor cnut now you've pissed all over it
66 -clickety click you fucking prick
28 - overweight you obese fucking munter

sweynforkbeard said:
mancityvstoke said:

fucking bingo

If takings are down at Mecca etc then why not?

88 -two bastard fat old cnuts
13 -twatting unlucky for some poor cnut
32 -fuck buckle my pissing shoe
58 -make them fucking wait, the impatient knob head cnuts
54 -clean the floor cnut now you've pissed all over it
66 -clickety click you fucking prick
28 - overweight you obese fucking munter

and welcome to Gala Bingo Gorton

oakiecokie said:
I`ve said this before and got a PM from a MOD saying I`d gone a bit too far with my response, ref this same subject.
However I will say it again, as I stand firmly on what I believe.
You sir are talking COMPLETE BOLLOCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am fortunate to work with a lot of young and older people who have problems with numeracy and literacy skills and they would love to come onto a CITY FORUM,where they are treated as equals.
Unfortunately we have some complete nobs on this Forum who "look down their noses" at people,with poor learning difficulties and this subsequently gives these unfortunates "a kick in the plums"
All they want to do is get involved in any City Forum,but this is exactly the reason they feel "second class" due to constant piss taking,from other Blue fans.
Most on this Forum are very fortunate to have a reasonable education,with their individual literacy skills, being better than others.
But why castigate others, who need help and support from fans on this Forum, relating to their "poor spelling and grammar" that seems to piss one or two arrogant Blues off.
Its easy to blame the education system,but there are insufficient teachers/tutors at a National Level, to help bring down the numbers of people,young and old,who need help in literacy and also dyslexia.
GIVE `EM A BREAK BOYS AND GIRLS !!
THEY HONESTLY WOULD LOVE TO JOIN A FORUM THAT WELCOMES THEM WITH OPEN ARMS, WITHOUT FEAR OF JOINING, DUE TO THE INEVITABLE PISS TAKES AND A THREAD WHICH SERVES NO PURPOSE AT ALL.
Suprisingly, I`ve toned this down and instead used it as a tool to help raise awareness at others misfortunes,than just a slagging post from yours truly.
I have broad shoulders to take the flack on here.
Unfortunately they don`t !!!

Oh really? Complete bollocks is it? Well this reply may get me a PM from a MOD but to hell with it.

I am not taking the piss out of anybody or anything and neither am I arrogant or a complete nob (knob?). I posted that I am sick to death of misspelling and text speak - and I am. If someone has a problem with spelling, for whatever reason then so be it - but don't put the blame at my door for picking them up on it. That's how I was taught to spell, someone showed me how to spell it properly.

Tell you what, fuck it - let's dumb everything down to the lowest level and then see where we end up... The standards are there to be attained not to be lowered every time someone bleats

So instead of wanting to help all you do is rant at some peoples misfortunes.
Unfortunately dyslexia is NOT a problem due to "peoples standards" but an illness you complete TURD.
I believe I used the word ARROGANT in its correct context,as it appears that you are one of those.
If you are so concerned about the English Language why bother coming onto a Forum,or better still find one which you believe is up to your overwhelming self esteem !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.