The state of the gardens - another police incident

My old neighbour was the head Gardiner for Piccadilly Gardens at the height of their beauty (he left eventually as they would never promote...he was too good at that particular job). This was probably in the 80's. He showed me some polaroids of his incredible work which coincided with the opening of the new Pizza Express. They ended up having copies of these photographs blown up and used as the interior on the walls (they may still be there...I haven't been since the opening). and gave him free pizza for a year...but he didn't really like pizza. He sadly died far too young a few years ago.
Definitely managed down towards the end but the fact they had to build on it just to so they had money to pay for that wall and gardens (both knackered) is a shocker (and indeed heads should've rolled).
I don't know but I suspect this new gardens is being managed down again and eventually a large scale redevelopment will take it's place (maybe even removing the Plaza/City Tower).
You only have to look at the fantastic job they've done with St.Peter's Square down the road (and the Albert Sq once rebuilt).
From Picc Station to Oldham Street, top of Market Street/High Street to Portland St (and that horrific Brittania hotel)...all absolutely horrid and stuck in Manchester's grimy past.
Ha, I find the Britannia, classically Manchester

It’s a big city, like it or not this sort of incident happens in all of them, look at the recent incident in Thailand, is that a cesspit due to an isolated incident ?
There’s been about 3 stabbings in the same area within a month now. There’s nothing isolated about what’s going on in that area nowadays. Like others have said, just build on it and clear the scum away

It’s a big city, like it or not this sort of incident happens in all of them, look at the recent incident in Thailand, is that a cesspit due to an isolated incident ?

This isn’t an isolated incident is it? I walk through it every day and the people that hang around there are awful. Drug dealers, gangs, scallies. Taking drugs, fighting etc.

There is no city in the UK with a centre square as bad as Piccadilly Gardens.

This isn’t an isolated incident is it? I walk through it every day and the people that hang around there are awful. Drug dealers, gangs, scallies. Taking drugs, fighting etc.

There is no city in the UK with a centre square as bad as Piccadilly Gardens.
I’m not saying something doesn’t need to be done, but in big cities something needs to be done, it’s not even made the NW news at lunch, not sure what that says mind :-(

work across the road from it.

It's getting worse, big groups of lads dealing. always bound to happen

Then you have the druggies/alchis loitering around the children area.

be quite happy for the place to be flattened and they build something on there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.