The Stoke towel situation

fat boy blue said:
no problem with stoke or long throws

but it would be interesting to see thier reaction if any team that went 1.0 up started taking 15/20 secs per throw,

i have noticed that sometimes after al towel stuff & big fellas coming up he takes a short one , unsporting , he cant have it both ways

He doesn't have to throw it long just because he wiped it clean :-)

Birmingham took similar time re throws when leading last season but is up to the ref to hurry them up. Can't believe some are moaning re a few seconds. How often do you see players line up a throw then give the ball to another player to take?

All Rory will be doing on Saturday is looking for Kolo Toure to get into posistion and land it as close to him as possible. He really doesn't like them so much so in fact he decides to watch.

It really is strange to see how much the opposition discuss Rory's throw to be fair. As re the pitch- it wasn't just shortened for the throw ins but a Pulis ploy he used at Gills also. Is well within the rules.

We should do the same - every throw-in we get spend 30 seconds cleaning the ball - then throw it 2 yards to the nearest player :-)

BLUEMATT23 said:
Can we not take one of Carlo's scarfs & plonk them on the outfield?

Mind u Stoke fans would probably nick em

Great wit and a good point well made.

Not safe to leave a Man City scarf anywhere in the Potteries without fear of it being stolen these days

What an odd comment :-)

I class it as time wasting but then again so is keeping the ball in the corner late in the game and that is never penalised so why should this?

C_T_I_D said:
I class it as time wasting but then again so is keeping the ball in the corner late in the game and that is never penalised so why should this?

basically because the ball is still in play, as opposed to out of play for a throw.
;-)

Jamo said:
Bluemoon115 said:
PMSL, genuinely made me laugh.

You Stokies are alright.

We're the anti-Christ and the scourge of the Premier League, we're also the reason why the national team is so crap if you weren't aware?

Giving us fans or our club any praise whatsoever is actually an offence punishable by a points deduction and Sepp Blatter is now looking at other options for the 2018 World Cup just because Stoke are in the Premier League!
I thought that was us?

Any throw-in taken short is a throw-in wasted. Really annoys me when Delap just throws it short to Collins so that he can smack a cross nowhere near the box that usually doesn't beat the first man.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Been meaning to discuss this for a while.

Without dissing Stoke as they are a good side who can hurt you in many ways, one of which is the De-Lap excorcist missile type throw.

This poses a big threat as we all know but does anyone get a bit pissed off at the fact that they have towels all round the Britannia? it wastes about 20-30 seconds I've counted at times.

I know some may say what's the difference in DE-Lap drying it with his shirt but the towel option to me takes more time out of the game & this is intentionally done to play on the minds of the opposition.
But to me it's time wasting & he should be booked for it or additional time should be added on.

Anyone agree or do I need sending to the Stoke nuthouse?

The Scotish ref that ref'd the Madrid game last night would have a field day with DeeeeLap.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.