The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
How this vote is only on 99.3% after I cast my vote is a disgrace but them again 99.9 wouldn't be enough, honestly I can only assume the others pressed no accidentally or weaklings who've let their rag or dipper mates poison their mind.

It's easily a goal every single time no question about it and yes Bernardo was bugging the keeper, who then very clearly pushed him away at which point his eyes were solely on the trajectory of the ball in play, he was watching before it went near Stones he was fully focused and ready to try and stop the header.

Anybody saying this goal shouldn't stand are completely clueless on the rules of the game, many social media pages love this kind of thing as it's rage bait it gets them all their clicks, it whips clueless idiots into a frenzy they couldn't care less about whether or not the goal should stand they want morons to moan.

This was initially flagged offside and is actually an amazingly great case of VAR doing a job it was put in place for, instead you've got Muppets who don't have a clue about the rules of the game up in arms about it.

The FA or referee chief whoever it is nowadays if he hasn't already, they should be saying this incident was 100% the right call under the laws of the game.

It rightly would barely get a mention had any of the red shirt brigade scored it, except to say how legitimate the goal is so a statement needs to be made but we'll see.
Legitimate convo re "possibly effecting his set position" so mot that clueless..i think it was a goal just...but easily could not have been

I know, no other PL club operates how we do and that's why we are rock bottom. Our squad is much better than where we are in table but poor coaching and organisation, terrible in game management and defensive blunders have us in that position.

We sold Max Kilman in the summer for £40m but didn't replace him, relying instead on Yerson Mosquera who was untried but had done well on loan in Spain. Admittedly he started the season well but then got crocked and is out for months. We have finally sorted out the striker situation bringing in Jorgen Strand Larsen, Haaland's mate who scored on Sunday, our first worthy target man since Raul Jimenez got crocked by David Luiz in 2020. O'Neil spent his first ever pre-season coaching the team for a back 4 then after the season began said he didn't have the players for that system.

Its my opinion that the longer O'Neil stays the more likely we are to go down (as will please quite a few on here having read the post match thread!)
Shame really i don't wish any club ill...rags aside.. Oniel had you organised last season i thought.. let too many good un's go...No? Hope you stay up personally.

Don’t think so. Think it was Bernardo interfering with Sa by being so close that made it subjective.

The linesman can’t see how Bernardo has interfered or not, so, very belatedly, put his flag up.

VAR showed he was a yard to Sa’s right and didn’t stop him seeing the ball or diving.

Had the header gone into the far corner, there would have been more of a decision to make.
Nah..it was the keepers shove away at last minute.. he was on his heels .. great contact by jonny lad but.. would have saved that i think. But he chose to shove Bernie.. didnt help his cause as Bernie was miles away by the time the ball hit the net!

Then let's scrap them.
At the end of the season I reckon we'll be top of the corners won chart, but won't be top of the benefactors chart
This sort of stat is well accepted in football. Thats why City just recycled the ball in the el mago days. Safer.. we go for it now and we often concede a goal.on counter. Without Rodri we are safer belting it back to Eddie so we just start again. Key is = create better openings so that only a few attacks are thwarted. They are rarely good for us
.or anyone..numbers game tells you that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.