The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
Indeed, this is what O'Neil was complaining about as he drew parallels with our last minute Kilman goal last season as Chirewa was stood in front of Fabianski. On Sunday, once we took our heads out of our hands we saw that the lino in front of the City fans had his flag up and we thought Kavanagh was going to the screen to rule out the goal. I do think that we could have had a free kick for the Nunes push on Guedes prior to play switching to the other end and the series of corners.

We are in the shit big time and will take anything we can get right now, was expecting a right hiding prior to this game. Sa coming back in goal saved us a bit I think, better keeper than Johnstone as shown on Sunday
I think he's mint, you have a good un there.

Sa? He is capable of being a top keeper. Sadly Wolves in their infinite wisdom decided to sign Sam Johnstone for £10m and immediately put him in the team ahead of Sa and he has been pretty poor/mediocre at best in every game. O'Neil only put Sa in on Sunday as SJ is injured. O'Neil then gave a cryptic interview after the game leaving us all guessing as to whether SJ will be back in when fit

The expectation is that Sa will be sold to Saudi in January and we will be stuck with SJ as first choice and Dan Bentley (Championship reserve keeper) as no.2 as Sa's face doesn't fit with the coaching staff. We have become a bizarre club. Apparently SJ was signed as his agent plays Golf with our so called DOF Matt Hobbs, the man responsible for delivering us O'Neil (don't start me on him)

The expectation is that Sa will be sold to Saudi in January and we will be stuck with SJ as first choice and Dan Bentley (Championship reserve keeper) as no.2 as Sa's face doesn't fit with the coaching staff. We have become a bizarre club. Apparently SJ was signed as his agent plays Golf with our so called DOF Matt Hobbs, the man responsible for delivering us O'Neil (don't start me on him)
That's a madness!!!

That's a madness!!!
I know, no other PL club operates how we do and that's why we are rock bottom. Our squad is much better than where we are in table but poor coaching and organisation, terrible in game management and defensive blunders have us in that position.

We sold Max Kilman in the summer for £40m but didn't replace him, relying instead on Yerson Mosquera who was untried but had done well on loan in Spain. Admittedly he started the season well but then got crocked and is out for months. We have finally sorted out the striker situation bringing in Jorgen Strand Larsen, Haaland's mate who scored on Sunday, our first worthy target man since Raul Jimenez got crocked by David Luiz in 2020. O'Neil spent his first ever pre-season coaching the team for a back 4 then after the season began said he didn't have the players for that system.

Its my opinion that the longer O'Neil stays the more likely we are to go down (as will please quite a few on here having read the post match thread!)

I know, no other PL club operates how we do and that's why we are rock bottom. Our squad is much better than where we are in table but poor coaching and organisation, terrible in game management and defensive blunders have us in that position.

We sold Max Kilman in the summer for £40m but didn't replace him, relying instead on Yerson Mosquera who was untried but had done well on loan in Spain. Admittedly he started the season well but then got crocked and is out for months. We have finally sorted out the striker situation bringing in Jorgen Strand Larsen, Haaland's mate who scored on Sunday, our first worthy target man since Raul Jimenez got crocked by David Luiz in 2020. O'Neil spent his first ever pre-season coaching the team for a back 4 then after the season began said he didn't have the players for that system.

Its my opinion that the longer O'Neil stays the more likely we are to go down (as will please quite a few on here having read the post match thread!)
If you want to win trophies wolves isn’t the club for you :)

Indeed, this is what O'Neil was complaining about as he drew parallels with our last minute Kilman goal last season as Chirewa was stood in front of Fabianski. On Sunday, once we took our heads out of our hands we saw that the lino in front of the City fans had his flag up and we thought Kavanagh was going to the screen to rule out the goal. I do think that we could have had a free kick for the Nunes push on Guedes prior to play switching to the other end and the series of corners.

We are in the shit big time and will take anything we can get right now, was expecting a right hiding prior to this game. Sa coming back in goal saved us a bit I think, better keeper than Johnstone as shown on Sunday
O’Neil’s complaint is daft though because the two incidents he’s talking about are different.

At the point of contact with the man heading the ball, the Wolves player is right in front of the West Ham keeper, but BSilva is out of the way:
IMG_8044.jpeg
IMG_8045.jpeg

And the Wolves lad doesn’t get out of the way at any point, he actually backs the keeper back to his own goal line, whereas BSilva is miles away:
IMG_8048.jpeg
9f8ec8a3-a93a-470c-8951-496b909ceba2.jpeg

Last edited:

Think that's to do with Wolves siding against us in the APT case. I have no issue with the Wolves fans though, they aren't the board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.