The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
Silva backs into him let's not get silly here, anyhow the keeper is big enough to deal with any such minimal contact. These kinds of actions happen on every corner. It's a decision based on discretion and in this case the goal should stand.

There really isn't any need to discuss offside or pretend that Silva wasn't being obstructive because that was the exact reason he was stood there.

THIS was interfering.

1729442822674.png

Silva backs into him let's not get silly here, anyhow the keeper is big enough to deal with any such minimal contact. These kinds of actions happen on every corner. It's a decision based on discretion and in this case the goal should stand.

There really isn't any need to discuss offside or pretend that Silva wasn't being obstructive because that was the exact reason he was stood there.
But he was onside, was pushed (from behind) out of the way by Sa as the ball was kicked, and was doing nothing that would qualify as contravening the rules of the game, so not sure what you are arguing at this point?

It was nothing like the Arsenal incident.

It’s irrelevant anyway because the contact was so minimal it’s not going to get given in England.

But what little contact Silva did make with the ‘keeper was before the corner was taken, so it couldn’t possibly have been penalised anyway.

But he was onside, was pushed (from behind) out of the way by Sa as the ball was kicked, and was doing nothing that would qualify as contravening the rules of the game, so not sure what you are arguing at this point?

It was nothing like the Arsenal incident.
1 I said he wasnt offside ie there is no need to discuss offside which is what posters had been commenting on. It's very straightforward that he wasn't in the line of sight of the keeper. Its a non discussion.

2 I said the goal should stand.

Im not sure what you are arguing with me about.

BTW he did back in but I don't feel that was enough to disallow the goal like I said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.