The Street

tueartsboots said:
bluecore said:
Anna Friel in the last one was fantastic. She is a great actress, damned cute and there's some great shots of her in her prozzie gear :).

Available on the iplayer, but no slo-mo :(
and nipple shot in first shower scene ! My missus asked if there was any need for it, I replies "Oh yes" she laughed and said I was a sad sad man !

Fully agree with you,TB.
The shower scene,(whilst having no relevance whatsoever to the storyline or plot),was an essential key moment in the programme,in my opinion.
And the fact that it left me with a broken "pause" button is a price well worth paying.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
tueartsboots said:
and nipple shot in first shower scene ! My missus asked if there was any need for it, I replies "Oh yes" she laughed and said I was a sad sad man !

Fully agree with you,TB.
The shower scene,(whilst having no relevance whatsoever to the storyline or plot),was an essential key moment in the programme,in my opinion.
And the fact that it left me with a broken "pause" button is a price well worth paying.

Course it was relevant to the plot. Shower goes hot and cold signifying dodgy boiler and cue divorced plumber. And no-one I know showers with their clothes on. Perfectly natural scene.

I suppose she could have been doing the washing up, but then again at least half the viewing public weren't going to turn over after that start.

Agree, good show and the happy ending was nice.

Good again last night although I do think McGovern seems to run out of time. It's like with 55 minutes gone, he's smack bang in the middle of a great storyline and then he realises he's only got 2 minutes left so he throws in a quick happy ending. He did that last week as well.

It's still the best thing on telly though IMO.

tommyducks said:
Good again last night although I do think McGovern seems to run out of time. It's like with 55 minutes gone, he's smack bang in the middle of a great storyline and then he realises he's only got 2 minutes left so he throws in a quick happy ending. He did that last week as well.

It's still the best thing on telly though IMO.

I've watched all 3 this series now and I agree totally, it's like the first one ended quite well, but then the last two, after 50 minutes he's built it up to have a terrific ending and then with only 3 minutes to go, some very average predictable ending comes into play..

Agree though it's a top show I enjoy watching it, wasn't over keen on last night's though.

I've enjoyed both previous series of The Street and this series has been good so far although I agree that last night's was probably the weakest so far. I think the first one with Bob Hoskins was a cracking piece of drama. Last night I thought that Jonas Armstrong still looked like Robin Hood in a modern jacket. Apart from the obvious scarring they didn't seem to have made any effort to make him look any different to his Robin Hood character and I think thst was a bit distracting, I also thought the actress playing his mother was a bit off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.