The striker situation

Bony is half the player Dzeko is

Scores goals for Swansea because they are a a cerative team and he is the sole striker. ichu also scored plenty of goals for them if your remember.

Bony misses loads too as you saw against Spurs. I know a lot of people rate him. I think he's good, but not good enough

Aguero is due back in February, and Dzeko and Joevtic have minor injuries. It would be stupid to buy a striker for the sake of 2-3 weeks as it would take time to bed them in. And by the time they did they'd be in the reserves.

I hope Negredo is Not coming back. I'm not 100% sure the transfer to Valencia is 100% watertight if they don't get in the CL. They are outside at the moment

Defoe is a good shout. Even if we have to buy him for like 5m, a lower placed PL club would buy him off us in the summer for around that

MangoBowen01 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
de niro said:
great player and great pro but thick as pig shit. his decsion making, vital up front, is terrible. makes up for it with sheer effort but not sharp enough for me.
i'd drag in david villa, if only to piss the media off.
Henry on a free just so Wenger explodes.

I would love to have Henry at this club! Henry and Lampard, could you imagine..

No. I just witnessed his last two games playing for the NY Rag Bulls against the Revolution and he was anonymous. I'd rather get Barry Conlon back...

Robbie Keane has been much better than Defoe in the MLS, but I'd want neither. Bradley Wright-Phillips has been better than Defoe too.

Marvin said:
Aguero is due back in February, and Dzeko and Joevtic have minor injuries. It would be stupid to buy a striker for the sake of 2-3 weeks as it would take time to bed them in. And by the time they did they'd be in the reserves.

Point is we'll need a reliable backup striker anyway. We can't keep risking these injuries. I wish Dzeko could up his form to last season..or that Jo could not get injured so much and we'd be set, but he too has a terrible injury record.

The striker situation is not good.. but I wholly believe that we have to persevere through this difficult period with what we have in the squad for a multitude of reasons. On paper at least, the fixtures until January are negotiable but that should be ignored because no football match is straight forward. We have a lot of talented attacking players, goal scoring attacking players like Yaya, Nasri, Lampard etc and I think the manager and the players should come up with the system to overcome this deficit in the strikers position.

It builds something positive within the squad if the manager can work out a way and play through this period.

If we sign another striker, what then happens later on if everybody becomes fit to play. It may lead to unnecessary discontent when a player or two will have to accept not being regularly involved in the team.

We cannot perpetuate or portray the 'spend when in trouble' optics . I don't see this as a crises. Aguero and Dzeko will be back in January and there is no guarantee that bringing another striker will automatically lead to more goals in the team.

Jovetic may become available for the Christmas period so can serve as the main striker.

So my view is that there is no need to buy a new striker just because we are short in that position for a month or so.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Marvin said:

Point is we'll need a reliable backup striker anyway. We can't keep risking these injuries. I wish Dzeko could up his form to last season..or that Jo could not get injured so much and we'd be set, but he too has a terrible injury record.
Jo is still on the books? :O

And Henry hasn't been that good in the MLS. Yes he has skill with the ball and provides a good assist ratio, but his striking ability today in no way resembles what he did for Arsenal a few years back. I wouldn't waste the time or money.

Best young striker in the MLS that also happens to be English is Dom Dwyer. He will get a shot in the Premier League before too long. He's young, fast, plays strong, stays healthy, and doesn't dive. I can't say he'll be great the Premier League, as nobody can really tell, but he plays in a wide open attacking side with the best passer in MLS setting him up (Zusi). Worst case, bring him in on loan for a month or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.