The striker situation

coleridge said:
I was wondering about Lopez. Seems more effective than Pozo at the moment.

Pozo looks class but he'll have to wait. MP said as much.

Pellers also said [I think it was that Mail piece] that he was thinking of Nasri, Silva or Milner, and had asked Patrick about anyone else from the EDS. No indication of a buy/loan in January. Why bother when all three senior strikers are due back around then?

With respect, I think that many posters are getting way ahead of themselves. MP is a calm and calculating chap. He's not unduly worried and neither should we be. He's not a panic buy kinda guy, is he?

We do need that extra striker though apart from Lampard non of our other midfielders are clinical at shooting or have the pace to run off the shoulder of a centre half. Get Lopez back send Pozo to Lille and bung them some compensation. Job done.

Matt the Giant said:
ws01 said:
I know Villa is unlikely but he'd be perfect if we could get him.

Absolutely, but as I just said in the transfer forum, if he is unattainable (which wouldn't surprise me) and we still need a short term emergency signing, how about Jermain Defoe until the end of the season? He's got the experience, a good finisher, is homegrown and his tenure in Toronto suggests he's still in pretty good shape. I think the way he plays would make him rather suitable for us.

good shout.

Palace at home on Saturday. Perfect time for MP to try out whatever is in his mind. If it doesn't work then he may consider bringing someone in but I doubt that he is even considering it .before then. Happy to be proved wrong, of course!

More than Pozo not being good enough at this level,its a case of him being played out of position ,he,s not a player to play as a lone striker and that's not due to him not being at ready for this level,its just not his game ..
Yahya would do well as a striker I think,his surging runs could really prove handful and we do have enough strength in cm that we could try him out there,(Wenger wanted him to play as a striker when he had a trial with arsenal in his early years ,but he wanted to be a midfielder and there was no room for him so he moved on )

Nasri or Navas would be my second and third choice respectively but yahya should be the first one and with the fixtures we do have we should certainly give it a go and I don't buy the argument that he is not mobile enough for the role he would be as mobile as dzwlo if not more

No need to sign new players and flap. Dzeko will be back in 3 weeks, Aguero in 5-6 and Jovetic 2 weeks or so. I'd understand if we were talking months and therefore half the season but our best striker is back in 6 or so games time with others coming back before then. We also have a very decent run of fixtures to coincide with it so we aren't as bad off as people think.

We only have Palace and West Brom to worry about before at least Jovetic is back. We have won 2 games with Pozo playing at least half the game so I don't see the problem here. If not Pozo, Silva has played the false 9 for Spain and has done very well but I'm more bothered he would get a kicking. I'd just play without a striker, Silva false 9 and Nasri in the middle and our usual setup around that.

Yaya is completely wasted as a striker, far better dominating midfield like he has done recently.

Some on here are really going overboard with this and are even worse than the media who will have a field day guessing at who all might come to City (I guess the number will be around 50 close to New Year).

We beat Everton and Leicester and in both games most of the time Pozo filled in. And both times under very difficult circumstances. For me he was not outstanding, but good enough. Also the players around him seem ok with it, although they could play him in more often and maybe they are a bit overprotective towards him.
I very much doubt Pellegrini will panic. Pozo played two games and sort of know what is expected from him. He is for that a very clever player. And furthermore Pellegrini is the kind of manager that puts a lot of trust in the players that are available to him (see Roma game). I'm sure he will put a lot of believe in young Pozo for him to show what he can do.

I'm not too worried, although obviously I had all three strikers fit and going. It's another challenge in a season that we all know will not give us a break at any point.

Re: Guidetti

blueste41 said:
MaineStandMoaner said:
With us being thin on the ground striker-wise, can we recall Guidetti in January? or do you see us buying a new striker ? We surely cant go with just the three for the rest of the season given their injury records already.

As has been said many times before, he's not good enough for our 1st team.
Marwoods rhetoric

So what are your feelings on Pozo or Lopes? Are they first team material? They've had more game time in the first team than Guidetti, yet we are selling an international for peanuts WTF 3mil is the rumor put into his Loan agreement what a F in Joke..
Watch Pellegrini's first day at training 13:23 in the link. What was he saying about him, yet you think he is not first team material..
SHILL..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RnL_G8BGuA[/video]

Having only watched the eds on Eurosport during the young champions league I guess others would have more informed opinions.
But I liked the look of Celina, he was incredible intelligent in his movement, held the ball up well, and look very comfortable leading the line. He may be worth a go if Pozo is not to continue. A more natural striker. I also liked the look of ambrose, a quicker more dynamic striker. Decent goal threat, bundles of pace and power.

I assume Inanacheo(excuse the spelling) will pen our 4th choice when he gets a WP.

No need to sign anyone.

Celina reminds me a little of Dzeko, and Ambrose would offer pace down the channels, I'm sure we will be fine.

One thing I don't understand, why all the fanfare when Loftus Cheek played 10 minutes for Chelsea? Nasty City haven't been playing an 18 year old have they?

schfc6 said:
Having only watched the eds on Eurosport during the young champions league I guess others would have more informed opinions.
But I liked the look of Celina, he was incredible intelligent in his movement, held the ball up well, and look very comfortable leading the line. He may be worth a go if Pozo is not to continue. A more natural striker. I also liked the look of ambrose, a quicker more dynamic striker. Decent goal threat, bundles of pace and power.

I assume Inanacheo(excuse the spelling) will pen our 4th choice when he gets a WP.

No need to sign anyone.

Celina reminds me a little of Dzeko, and Ambrose would offer pace down the channels, I'm sure we will be fine.

One thing I don't understand, why all the fanfare when Loftus Cheek played 10 minutes for Chelsea? Nasty City haven't been playing an 18 year old have they?

He is English. The media are clinging on to the hope the national side will win a major international competition.

Bony impresses me every time I see him. Unfortunately, he too would be away for the African cup of Nations every January & January could be when we really need him. What do we think of Danny Ings? He looks like a natural goal scorer to me & he's only 22

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.