The striker situation

Marvin said:
Bony is half the player Dzeko is

Scores goals for Swansea because they are a a cerative team and he is the sole striker. ichu also scored plenty of goals for them if your remember.

Bony misses loads too as you saw against Spurs. I know a lot of people rate him. I think he's good, but not good enough

Aguero is due back in February, and Dzeko and Joevtic have minor injuries. It would be stupid to buy a striker for the sake of 2-3 weeks as it would take time to bed them in. And by the time they did they'd be in the reserves.

I hope Negredo is Not coming back. I'm not 100% sure the transfer to Valencia is 100% watertight if they don't get in the CL. They are outside at the moment

Dzeko needs quite a few chances top get a goal too, he isn't clinical by any means, but we create enough chances for him to score.

Bony has a better touch than Dzeko as well, but both are very similar and for me are on par with each other.

I think Bony will be too expensive anyway, Swansea could easily demand 30-35m for him if another Premier League club came in, especially with the added January premium.

I just suggested Charlie Austin in the other thread. I don't know how expensive he'd be, but he scores when given a good assist from midfield. He'd also help our homegrown quota.

I'd also look into Vargas, the Chilean qpr sub striker who was great against liverpool.

inbetween said:
chicagoblues said:
Why not David Villa ?Can't we just loan him for a month or so before the start of mls?

He is already on loan to Melbourne.

Loan Spell has finished, he signed to play 4 games but was recalled after 4, played all 4 scored twice,

sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:

Scores goals for Swansea because they are a a cerative team and he is the sole striker. ichu also scored plenty of goals for them if your remember.

Bony misses loads too as you saw against Spurs. I know a lot of people rate him. I think he's good, but not good enough

Aguero is due back in February, and Dzeko and Joevtic have minor injuries. It would be stupid to buy a striker for the sake of 2-3 weeks as it would take time to bed them in. And by the time they did they'd be in the reserves.

I hope Negredo is Not coming back. I'm not 100% sure the transfer to Valencia is 100% watertight if they don't get in the CL. They are outside at the moment

Dzeko needs quite a few chances top get a goal too, he isn't clinical by any means, but we create enough chances for him to score.

Bony has a better touch than Dzeko as well, but both are very similar and for me are on par with each other.

I think Bony will be too expensive anyway, Swansea could easily demand 30-35m for him if another Premier League club came in, especially with the added January premium.
Dzeko does indeed miss a few, and he can be a bit frustrating, but I think we'd find it very difficult to find a striker who gives you the same goal return. Almost impossible in January

We can see how Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are recovering when the window opens. If they are on schedule to recover then I'd sit tight ntil the right player becomes available.

Marvin said:
sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:

Dzeko does indeed miss a few, and he can be a bit frustrating, but I think we'd find it very difficult to find a striker who gives you the same goal return. Almost impossible in January

We can see how Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are recovering when the window opens. If they are on schedule to recover then I'd sit tight ntil the right player becomes available.
Dzeko certainly does miss quite a few chances, but he also seems to get a lot of chances, which I don't believe is any coincidence. If you watch his movement around the box when we're attacking, he waits until the last moment before making his move, then he tries to arrive at the ball ahead of the defender, or he pulls away from his marker into space. Both moves yield a lot of opportunities if you can get the ball into the box.

I think this sort of movement (or lack of it) is why some strikers don't score as many goals as you might expect, even if they look good and seem to be working hard, whereas Dzeko has always scored a lot, despite not looking that good or seeming to work that hard.

Whilst it's interesting to speculate on who we might sign in January, there are at least 12 points to play for before then, starting with the match against Palace on Saturday.

Some keen and conscientious moderator merged the thread I started about this question with mainstand's earlier one. My concern is who plays up front given what we've got available now.

Can someone explain the ghost 9 or whatever it's called? Because I think that's what we might be seeing until the middle of January

Marvin said:
sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:

Since the start of last season, Bony has had a fractionally better conversion rate in the league.

mammutly said:
Whilst it's interesting to speculate on who we might sign in January, there are at least 12 points to play for before then, starting with the match against Palace on Saturday.

Some keen and conscientious moderator merged the thread I started about this question with mainstand's earlier one. My concern is who plays up front given what we've got available now.

Can someone explain the ghost 9 or whatever it's called? Because I think that's what we might be seeing until the middle of January

http://thefalse9.com/2013/09/football-tactics-for-beginnersthe-false-9.html#

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.