The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

Like someone said earlier, this all smacks of desperation. It's like they're trying desperately to justify their own existence.

Oh, we have 650m fans worldwide, we're bigger than City in Manchester, we're bigger than Spurs and Chelsea in London. Absolute desperation.

If any rag mentions this shit to you just reply with one word: 'MASSIVE' They all hate it right now as it was always going to come back and kick them in the bollocks and it has.

Well, going off the Glazer's and the Sun's stats that should mean that there's around 56 million Rag fans in Manchester!

BrianW said:
I wish they would define 'support' properly.

Do they go to the United matches?
Have they been to a United match in the last 10 years?
Have they at some point in their lives been United season ticket holders?
Have they ever been to a United match?
Would they actually be able to find Old Trafford without asking for directions if they were dropped off blindfolded in, say, Longsight or Denton?

Take out the people who would say 'no' to these and you'd take out 75% of United's so-called 'support'. They support the Rags like I support England Rugby Union. On the other hand I doubt there'd be that many who call themselves City fans but would answer 'no' to all the above, changing United to City and Old Trafford to Etihad.

My thoughts also. To add to it, "if yes to any of the above; how many pins did you hear drop when inside the swamp?"

Has everyone missed the funniest part of this article????

"Wayne Rooney’s Utd" pmsl

The Sun = Comedy gold

Growing up in Collyhurst and going to schools in Collyhurst & Blackley (early 90's), I was a minority City fan to be honest. There were only a handful of blues in my primary school and probably double that in my secondary school. The big difference though is none of the yoonited fans went to the games unlike the loyal blues.

Oh and that's why they have the loudest atmosphere, out of all the PL teams, at the Swamp?/Sarcasm.

LoveCity said:
No mention of the criteria, no mention of how many fans polled, no mention who did the research... and of course, no agenda. ;)

Prepare for a lot of gloating from the rags, this smells of their "659,000,000 fans*" claim (* from a survey of about 30,000 people).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4487710/Uniteds-fans-are-Mancs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... Mancs.html</a>

UNITED have more fans in Manchester than City, according to a poll.

Despite claims to be the city’s “true” club, only 14.8 per cent of Mancunians follow City, compared to 55.6 per cent who support United.

It confirms Utd are the Premier League’s best-supported club.

The Reds are even the third best backed team in LONDON with 13.2 per of footie fans in the capital cheering them on.

But fans of Wayne Rooney’s Utd live on average 95 miles from Old Trafford. Only Liverpool fans (100 miles) and Newcastle (97 miles) live further away.

The club with most fans living locally is Wigan (65 per cent), property site Rightmove found.

23wlml2.jpg

BUT HOW CAN THAT BE RIGHT, CITY HAVE 13% IN POSTCODE, BUT UTD HAVE 8%
something is very wrong here LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.