The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

mancitymick said:
Taken from the MEN posts

mufccharlie stranaghan (15/08/2012 at 12:38)

Report ThisManchester fan survey

62% man utd fans :-)
28% man §hitty fans
12% other teams
Well that says it all :-) :-)

Yes muppet it comes to a 102%!!!!

hehe ..

charlie the clueless rag looks like a proper charlie now

Wahey!! The amount desperate propaganda being put out by their PR machine this summer is incredible. They are really pulling out all the stops at the moment to let everyone know how BIG and IMPORTANT they are.

route46 said:
the sun also claims utd are the 3rd best supported team in london, r they really bigger then 1 of spurs,chelsea or arsenal in london????

I would claim that yes they probably are, and the team in 4th place would be Chelsea. This is obviously a very subjective approach, but in terms of people who associate themselves with Man Utd I would support the notion that they are the 3rd biggest team in Greater London.
I have lived and worked in London for almost 20 odd years, almost always North of the River, and you are never far away from one of them.
How many of them have been more than once to the Theatre (TM) is open to debate.
I have seriously lost count the amount of private hire cabs I have got in that the driver supports Man United. These drivers are Londoners, but almost exclusively they are all born out of the UK, and most have moved as adults to London for economic reasons.
People like to assimilate, to be winners, to be part of the crowd, and for 20 years that means supporting united.
I have been in hundreds of pubs over the years, and they are always there.
There is an old Irish population whose support is divided between the mickeys and the munes.
Then there are the children/teenagers of the 90's who again liked to be seen as a winner, so lots of 20-30 somethings support united, I also notice in this age group there are many Arsenal fans, whilst in late 30's + it seems an even split between spurs and gooners
Then you have the children of 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants whose parents were not made to feel welcome and comfortable at Football in the 70's and 80's, as the kids became assimilated into football culture, they could choose their teams without parental and parochial pressure applied.
Then you have the old school cockney reds, general dildos who just wanted to be part of them from the 60s 70s and 80s.
London is a hugely multicultural place, and when people are fighting to assimilate and be seen as winners, then they use the associated glory of a successful football team. United are that team, with Liverpool still lurking.
You see a lot of young kids in Chelsea stuff nowadays, when I first moved here in the early 90's i never saw kids in CFC, but now they too are everywhere.
And guess what I have now started to see City kits, not many but a few on kids.
I'm about to have a kid, who already has a load of city stuff ready to use, i was born and raised in manchester for 20 years, but been gone for 20 years, will my kid be lambasted for being a glory hunter, hopefully not when their dad has done his time.
In all sincerity, I sometimes suggest to spurs fans that there may be more scum in London than them, some chortle, but others know what I'm getting at, yes there is more match going spurs but the there is 7mill + people, many of whom have no connection at all to their locale.
Anyway fuck em all, MCFC

I wish they would define 'support' properly.

Do they go to the United matches?
Have they been to a United match in the last 10 years?
Have they at some point in their lives been United season ticket holders?
Have they ever been to a United match?
Would they actually be able to find Old Trafford without asking for directions if they were dropped off blindfolded in, say, Longsight or Denton?

Take out the people who would say 'no' to these and you'd take out 75% of United's so-called 'support'. They support the Rags like I support England Rugby Union. On the other hand I doubt there'd be that many who call themselves City fans but would answer 'no' to all the above, changing United to City and Old Trafford to Etihad.

blueballoon said:
route46 said:
In all sincerity, I sometimes suggest to spurs fans that there may be more scum in London than them, some chortle, but others know what I'm getting at, yes there is more match going spurs but the there is 7mill + people, many of whom have no connection at all to their locale.
Anyway fuck em all, MCFC

hehe .......

accordin' to that Sun table there's not many Spurs fans in London itself , and there are even less 'local' Chelsea supporters !

And i'll bet that's news to both clubs ....

in fact rumour has it the pair of em' are now outnumbered by southern based 'One Direction' fans!

Why Always Ste said:
I was surprised yesterday.
Went to Sports Direct to buy some Tennis balls for the Dog, upstairs is where the Football Shirts are located (as is the tennis gear)

The place was packed out, but surprisingly the amount of people buying Manchester City shirts... there were more people buying shirts than other stuff.
People just consistently picking up the new shirts.

This is no biased opinion, I observed and no Rag shirts, no England, nothing else except City.

Around Bury Town Centre, I'll walk around and see 5-10 shirts in an hour, I'll still see the odd Rag shirt, but seeing this amount of City shirts is unreal.

Are they come lately's?
Past supporters who are coming back?
Or football fans who never had an alternative to the vermin?

I mean they are putting money into the club when they buy the shirt, but are they genuine supporters? or plastics?

I'd rather walk around and see sky blue than dirty tablecloths but as we become more popular we will lose our identity.
No more humour, no more humbleness etc etc...

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday.

I live in Denton which has always seemed Blue to me, but recently it seems to be on a scale of about 10 City shirts for every 1 rag.

I was wondering if this was due to Rags still being in hiding and sales of our Champions kit going through the roof. Maybe they have just had enough already and given up!

Either way, that survey is a load of bollocks. Those thick cunts will probably have a party about it though. Still, I suppose they have little else to crow about these days.

LoveCity said:
No mention of the criteria, no mention of how many fans polled, no mention who did the research... and of course, no agenda. ;)

Prepare for a lot of gloating from the rags, this smells of their "659,000,000 fans*" claim (* from a survey of about 30,000 people).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4487710/Uniteds-fans-are-Mancs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... Mancs.html</a>

UNITED have more fans in Manchester than City, according to a poll.

Despite claims to be the city’s “true” club, only 14.8 per cent of Mancunians follow City, compared to 55.6 per cent who support United.

It confirms Utd are the Premier League’s best-supported club.

The Reds are even the third best backed team in LONDON with 13.2 per of footie fans in the capital cheering them on.

But fans of Wayne Rooney’s Utd live on average 95 miles from Old Trafford. Only Liverpool fans (100 miles) and Newcastle (97 miles) live further away.

The club with most fans living locally is Wigan (65 per cent), property site Rightmove found.

23wlml2.jpg

Two words: The Sun.

This is complete bollocks as we all know - it's well known that most of the Irish season ticket holders use the addresses of friends or relatives who live over here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.