The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I watch test cricket, 6 nations and club rugby, lions tours, and plenty of other sports including local level sport and I can honestly say promotion and relegation (or not) makes virtually no difference to my enjoyment of any given event. I certainly I’m no fan of what I’ve heard proposed today, but I can’t honestly say promotion/relegation is what stops it all from being pointless. Ultimately my main priority in football is as a supporter of City, not the FA or the “football pyramid”.
Would you say the football Nations League is better, or worse, than international friendlies?

How would the national team work ? You see some of these South American players worship playing for their countries but would they be allowed

I can see it a mile off: Madrid’s owner, United’s owners, Liverpool’s owner, Juve’s owner and Arsenal’s owner are the chairmen of this, and we haven’t got a single person representing us on the board.

We’ll be kicked out within three seasons as the pigs at the trough find a way to fuck us over, and we won’t be welcomed back to domestic football after breaking away.

This will end in tears for City.

We are the most naïve club in world football if we go along with this!
When the chairmen of this Super League are all owners of our rivals, yet doesn't ring any alarm bells for some people, that's when I give up.

As we believe this far, if FIFA and UEFA and the like do not support this how do they ensure fair officiating (we have our consern's in current set up, imagine once the entire thing is governed by Rags, Spanish Rags, Dippers and the like)?

All we’re hearing now is rumour. Rumour founded on truth no doubt, but let’s pay the club the respect of waiting to hear their POV before losing our shit.

I don’t like it, but my guess is they knew they had to jump here and there’s more to this we don’t know.

for a start nobody on the previous 88 pages has even twigged the front loaded finance deal on the table and removal from ffp would see the breakaway teams have a disgusting amount of cash to spend immediately. Want Haaland? Forget it. Messi? Staying at Barca. Neymar/Mbappe? Easy pickings.
This deal will literally be a bail out for some clubs on the ropes. You want to deal with that while still fighting with Uefa?

Not if they can't play for their national sides, many will bail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.