The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Until I see Khaldoon & Ceferin side by side laughing their bollocks off I'm somewhat dubious that this is a masterstroke by our club.

I've read a lot of QAnon and Trump stuff over the last few years. Looking at how delusional some people can be, what narratives they create in order to fit things neatly into their emotional understanding.

This "4D chess" thing is exactly that. City wanted to join the Super League and actually, the Mid Eastern oil shiekh owner didn't grow up with pictures of Trevor Francis in his wall. Neither are the executives political masterminds who can intricately plan every move and outcome like they're a genius in a badly written movie. They're just fallible men who want to raise the revenue of the business that they run.

I thought this would have smashed the fantasy world some live in with our owner. Instead it seems some are doubling down on fantasy instead of facing reality.
I don‘t know about 4D chess, but I do know that the statement posted on the website didn’t look, smell, or feel right.

Have you considered this could just about be the greatest boardroom coup of all time?
Have you considered that this thread could be the greatest load of crap of all time.
This isn't an episode of Dallas with JR Ewing trying to grab someone else's oil field.
The board went into it, maybe for what they thought were good reasons.
They withdrew when they realised how strong was the negativity from the fans and the general football world.
Dont think for a minute it was some form of premeditated masterstroke

No we fucked up, but hopefully (as a fan of the club, but I do really think we deserve punishment) we land on our feet.

To think our club signed us up to this shitshow for the next TWENTY YEARS! Many of us would have been dead before this utter farce finished. Trust in our club and the fans has been damaged no matter what some say. Apparently if we leave we have to pay a fine unless the league is dissolved.
It is dead in the water. There won't be any fines. I predict they all start whistling and waking away saying it was only a laugh.

The Rubicon has been crossed for football fans. We have shown that together, united, we rightfully have the power over our clubs. We cannot back down now. If there is another season ticket rise, we cannot accept it. If they mess about with the kit, we cannot accept it. If they change a kick off time on the other side of the country to a Monday night, we cannot accept it.

Things have hopefully changed for good over these last few days.

I just think your posts have no substance, takes 2 seconds to realise you're a wum, same format as the other wums on here, all sounding like ee-aw and the negativity, hence why your only post about us playing was a negative one.
Is there a reason why you never posted during our unbeaten run? And now you're on here trying to throw cold water on tonight's news.
Do me a fuckin favour.

Where have you been for the last 48 hours? My posts are based on the fact the club came out and said they've entered an agreement to join the ESL. How much more substance do you want?

I find it hilarious that nonsense posts about us pulling off some political masterstroke apparently have more substance than the actual facts.

I can't offer you a reason as to why I didn't post during our unbeaten run. Let me just spend some time looking through my calendar and internet history and I'll get back to you. Oh no wait, the only reason I didn't post is that I actually support Liverpool. I was just waiting so long for that 1-1 draw with West Brom so I could rub it in your faces.

if the cartel learnt anything next time around they will not invite us and Chelsea.

European football needs to change and needs to be more competetive, because a bit of change of CL format wont do fuck lets be honest.

Bayern won 8 titles in a row, PSG did something like 8 out of 9, Juventus won 7-8 straight, what is gonna make these league much more competetive?

CL in last 20 years was to make sure status quo wont change, any change to the format will make this even more rigid isnt it?

Super League will happen I am sure, as soon as some top clubs starts to crumble due to heavy debt maybe and covid probably made it quicker process than expected.

Corrupt Uefa needs to go imo.

A super league, a new brand with obviously not a closed shop system has to happen sooner or later,, as I doubt broadcasters will raise their offers or sponsors for that matter if the product is not improving meaning we have higher cost in transfers and salaries while stagnating incomes with huge debt at lot of places. The bubble is very close to blow up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.