The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
From the fall out I've seen, to my biggest surprise it isn't heaped on city, and do people not think Why? when the media attack us for things we don't deserve stay quiet on us, they know that's why, have a watch of peps press conference go on watch it, all the other managers were shamed, pep fucking bounced in, we were told no questions about the SL ,pep said ask me anything, he was fucking buzzing ,he knew what had gone on ,we fucking shafted them ,this was a fucking huge scam, some right dodgy fuckers out of uefa power, some dodgy fuckers out of power in big clubs, fans won't allow owners to own, there's fucking carnage everywhere, except 2 clubs, wonder why, because we fucked them up, it looks too obvious to me

From the fall out I've seen, to my biggest surprise it isn't heaped on city, and do people not think Why? when the media attack us for things we don't deserve stay quiet on us, they know that's why, have a watch of peps press conference go on watch it, all the other managers were shamed, pep fucking bounced in, we were told no questions about the SL ,pep said ask me anything, he was fucking buzzing ,he knew what had gone on ,we fucking shafted them ,this was a fucking huge scam, some right dodgy fuckers out of uefa power, some dodgy fuckers out of power in big clubs, fans won't allow owners to own, there's fucking carnage everywhere, except 2 clubs, wonder why, because we fucked them up, it looks too obvious to me
bollocks

We'll still face the same punishments as the other 6. Someone at Man City colluded with executives at 11 other clubs and subverted their own fanbase and staff to try and rip the fabric out of the structures of football as it's stood for 100's of years.

I don't care what rule they have to invent to punish them but they should all be punished, extremely and swiftly. There is absolutely no excuse.

I’m not really interested in arguing, because it makes people look stupid when they argue without all the facts. I’m not saying you’re wrong. Khaldoon is indeed as you say, but the other clubs are also ran by intelligent, successful & no doubt manipulative people too. They may well be fully aware of Khaldoon’s acumen and that’s why they did give us such a small window to make such a big decision.

All we do know for certain is, we were in and out within 48 hours. That doesn’t scream well thought out, confident and committed to me. It’s screams rushed judgement.

Again, these are incredibly rich and powerful people. If the ESL were indeed something we were deeply committed to, a couple of graffitied bed sheets and Gary Neville wouldn’t have made the slightest dent.
They are skint and desperate,

I guess it depends on what terminology is in the documents the clubs signed. It’ll be down to lawyer speak and the appetite of the other 14 clubs need for the 6 to be punished.

Yep I get that but the rule book is season specific in effect the 2021/22 can’t be written until the membership is known

You mean 7 times European Champions AC Milan and three times European Champions Inter - Get in the bin you fucking weirdo
Cool story.

The same AC Milan that is absolutely broke and hasn't finished above 5th in a weak Serie A for 10 years? Whos last Champions League title was 15 years ago? Who hasn't even been able to qualify for the champions league from a weaker league in a decade now?

Or the Inter Milan side who is again, broke, and hasn't won a declining Serie A in 10 years, finishing outside the Champs league spots more often then not?

When's the last time either of those 2 clubs were serious draws or major powers? At the moment they are has beens.

Oh but they have the history so I suppose they should be given a free pass then yeah?

Fucking Spurs have more of a right to call themselves a top 12 European club than those two at the moment.

Last edited:
bollocks

We'll still face the same punishments as the other 6. Someone at Man City colluded with executives at 11 other clubs and subverted their own fanbase and staff to try and rip the fabric out of the structures of football as it's stood for 100's of years.

I don't care what rule they have to invent to punish them but they should all be punished, extremely and swiftly. There is absolutely no excuse.
you seem certain that they can make up a rule to punish us with and accuse me of bollocks,

Right they haven't done anything wrong lets make something up a punish them, are you normal lol

Something like this has been threatened for a long time & whether or not city were the inside guys to take this down I am unsure.
What it has highlighted again is that these clubs do not see this a game for the fans but only to maximize profits at every opportunity.
The Champions league has not been a competition worthy of its title since its creation.
The fact none champions can win the competition whilst losing numerous games along the way should have been the end of the competition.
But having numerous media outlets who are struggling for income (mainly due to the dross they print) actively promoting the teams they believe will produce the clicks to keep the money rolling has given all these teams the self entitlement they have. As they believe the utter garbage written about them.
The champions league needs a total overhaul and not the one that is currently on the table.
City need to take this opportunity to stand up and say that this is the time for change to promote competition and reward current achievements not past.
Scrap and seedings or coefficients and reward winners of the leagues an automatic place regardless of the country they compete in.
Perform draws for groups from one big bowl whereby it all comes down to the luck of the draw and not allowing the bigger clubs an easier ride out of the groups.
Fans want excitement, fans want to believe that no matter who they support and how much history or income their club has they have just as much of a chance to progress.
Historic achievements should not give you a free pass.
This would be a start, working out salary caps and set transfer budgets should be looked at too all in an effort to get back to what the game is about, tactics coaching and a pure desire to win. If the playing field evened a little there maybe more surprises along the way.
We have been lucky to have been invested in so heavily but I am pretty sure that the majority of us at this point do not want us just to get to the position where we win because we can out spend the rest. We want to continue to win as we have been doing by purchased strategically whilst employing one of the best tacticians,motivators,revolutionists and perfectionist the game has ever seen.
I’d like to think I am not seeing this through blue tinted spectacles but I truely believe we have earned every trophy we have ever won through hard work, determination, skill and professionalism from top to bottom, and not purely on the amount of money we have spent. Yes it has helped, but Mark Hughes, Van Gaal,the not so special one and even Whiskey nose in the early days has shown it’s not all about the money you spend yes it helps but that does not guarantee success.

Hypocrite.

So, in the full knowledge that this wouldn't work without the fans, Dippers pressed ahead anyway without consulting fans. "We listened" - No you didn't, you were shamed into changing your minds, just as was the case with increasing ticket prices in the new main stand or furloughing staff.

I'm not suggesting Sheikh Mansour is any better but JWH has no shame. Just say we fucked up and we're sorry. End of story.
Couldn’t even be arsed to get out of his gardening clothes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.