The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
To be fair though (and it's only seeing it in black and white in your post that it has struck me), even if we weren't aligned on the breakaway on what planet are we going to publicly support UEFA given how many times our reputation has been dragged through the mud?
Yeah I see that,but that was driven by the cartel clubs behind the scenes at uefa ..

All I'm saying is, if enough of the richest clubs get together - which is what this league would entail - and agree among themselves to not pay more than X% of their income on wages, that will inevitably have a limiting effect on wages overall. Especially for as long as that group of clubs are rich enough in global terms to dominate the market. The need for a wage floor doesn't come into it. And if they feel that China or wherever is muscling in, the European clubs can up the limit to say 60%, or assuming they still dominate world football in terms of fan interest, can hold out for a bigger TV deal.
All that makes total sense. The wage floor/cap thing isn't workable in "open" leagues like the football pyramid is now, but absolutely is in a closed league, assuming the players' union(s) aren't strong enough.

City are in a tricky situation here. Screwed by uefa and now potentially screwed by the super league twats.

It would be huge news if city came out and supported uefa considering they tried to destroy the club.

Fuck uefa or save them?
I’m not arsed about UEFA, I actively dislike them, but I don’t want City to fuck over the long standing traditions of English football. So City need to get their heads around this properly and do the right thing for English football.

UEFA being saved is a side consequence.

I try and see a positive in most things....and in this case is that it has obviously pissed off UEFA / FIFA which are both corrupt money grabbing organisations.....

,,,but wait....this plan just gives more power and more money to smaller organisations, the "founding members".

So...in other words...this plan has no positives and nothing good in it.

All that makes total sense. The wage floor/cap thing isn't workable in "open" leagues like the football pyramid is now, but absolutely is in a closed league, assuming the players' union(s) aren't strong enough.
My comparison to the US wage cap might not have been the best analogy. All I mean is that it's to the club owners' benefit if they can agree some kind of spending limit between them, and making it a percentage rather than an absolute figure allows the extremely rich to maintain their advantage against the merely rich. But I think we agree here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.