The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Now don't get me wrong - I think UEFA running the CL and Europe leagues is wrong. They should be in charge of governance only.
The euripean club competitions should be run by the ECA. Pribably european international completions too, I would suggest as the clubs pay the player wages.
But this abortion of a Super League should be prevented by any means possible.

Correct.

Once the league migrates to 20 closed clubs playing 57 matches a year against each other, I would also expect extra time and penalty shoot-outs to eliminate draws, as in hockey.

Perhaps 10-15 minutes of "sudden death" extra time (maybe with a reduced number of players on the pitch, which is what hockey does on the ice), followed by penalty shootout to determine a victor. Both teams get a point for a FT draw, but the team "winning" the penalty shootout gets an extra point (2 instead of 3 for a FT victory).

Once again, folks -- all of this is the inevitable direction. It's going to be a very different sport with its own unique rules. Like it or lump it.
Added time multi-ball!

Seriously though I doubt they'll do away with draws. The fact you can draw a game in a league context is precisely the kind of superficially "unique" thing about football that they would want to preserve. It's the underlying governance and financial structure that they potentially would make more 'American' for want of a better shorthand.

Read? Where? Your usual go to sources of shite?
Well, he doesn't really need a source. It's an obvious notion.

Again, as an American who understands the American sporting model and has watched it evolve over five decades, I am highly confident that nearly all of my predictions about what this will eventually look like will be true. I just have no sense of the timing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.