The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This was never ever going to get the backing of the Premier league and without that it's dead in the water, despite the fact we're seemingly now sadly involved I hope they take an ultra aggressive stance, threaten to expel any club that pushes forward with it, and uefa ban any club from Europe that wants to take it forward

Imagine the positive press we would have received had we taken a stand and said no, doesn't matter if we are instigators or tag alongs, we're now rightly being lumped in with that lot.

Can someone please, clarify...cos I think I'm missing something....

The statement I read suggests it's a replacement to current (and impending new) Champions League.....and that teams would continue to play in their domestic league......is that correct?

How can the FA ban clubs, as well as players representing their country, if it doesn't impose on the league?

As far as I'm concerned the CL and internatiinal football are shite anyway......

What am I missing that this is the end of football if the premier league isn't affected?
You are wrong.
All the UEFA leagues have agreed any club signing up will be chucked out of all leagues and cup competitions and their players banned from internationals.
So no,premier league, FA Cup, Carabo cup, European tournaments or world cups.

Something like this was always going to happen.

The pointless CL group games against shit sides from lower leagues are boring anyway.

The bit that makes me uneasy is the club chairmen being presidents etc

Well your opinion is worth nothing if you think no relegation or promotion is a good thing

In the context of their sports, it absolutely is. And if my opinion was “worth nothing” then why have I headed a governing sport and spoken to all levels of nfl leaders these past twenty years...but what do I know?

You’ve failed to separate two points. Franchise model works perfectly. You’ve chosen to just blanket state it’s junk.

European football is basically not too different from it. The real difference is the scale. Instead of 30 clubs, English football has 96. Other countries similar. You relegate and promote but it’s all basically a ladder. A very unfair one as those at the top get the spoils, those at the bottom get nothing.

Now the reason the NFL model works so well?

the 32 owners split everything equally.
No team has a financial advantage.

is that a bad thing?

if you still can’t fathom the merit of the above I’ll leave you to it.

a super league in europe would kill football right now. if all the governing bodies get together and say nope not under any banner will it be endorsed by us. what else could it be endorsed with ? tv networks

it goes to shows clubs think they run the game not the governing bodies ? they have to do what they are told or we take our ball home. we are seeing the real truth to why manchester city have not won in europe ? the clubs running the game and not the governing body will not let us

the power has been handed over to the elite clubs all having major roles on the uefa board ? its a myth the uefa governing body. it should be called the elite governing body because they call the shots

its going to be fun how uefa ? premier league ? fifa will stand after tonight
all them elite clubs have really pissed all over them and used them and when told to jump they jump
so let now see if the governing bodies have a back bone

It will destroy English football, it will be successful though the new generations will love it, but just like kids growing up support the team that’s the best no matter where in the country they live more and more will forget their local team to support a team in this super league

great clubs with great history will start to fold one by one

Like someone else has said I’ll start to follow Lancy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.