The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
He’s right. He said exactly the right words “it’s a power grab”. Relegate all teams involved tomorrow, strip all club’s entire historical trophy wins from them and each will be deemed to have never won a trophy.

If there are 5 clubs keep the current bottom 3 up and promote the top 2 in the Championship, if City are involved as well and add a third Championship club to that.

Whilst an emotive subject, that's just bollocks, with the greatest respect.

You want City relegated and our trophies scrubbed from history?

I'm a City supporter first and football second.

I've not come across too many rivals fans who have a good word to say about my club, so I won't be rushing to self flaggilate myself for the good of football.

I want what is good for my football club and nothing else.

That was before we had money and now we have it.

I trust Khaldoon to do right by our club, they haven't let us down yet.

Willie. I don’t think they give a halfpenny shit about the fans attending. Football has continued in its bubble despite Covid Without fans. The piped crowd noise has been tested. Imagine all the money that could be saved by the big boys if stadia could actually be downsized and stewarding and policing costs saved. The fans £ contribution on match day as a percentage of the gazillions available will be insignificant. All aboard the train towards Rollerball football where continents play off against each other. Meanwhile I will buy a season ticket for Macc Town and watch them in NW Counties 2, swopping ends behind the goals with the opposition at half time and taking my boots along just in case.
Sad isn’t it. They won’t be getting my money for these matches and I’d seriously be considering fucking my season ticket off as well.

I am confused by this hopefully someone can help me with this.

15 founding members plus 5 other teams, so 20 teams in total.
Lets assume that the new "Super league" only allows teams from the big 5 leagues, England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy. Then that would be 4 clubs from each country, and I am guessing 3 founding members from each country. How the fuck can they have 6 clubs signed up from England and it be a fair competition? And would the 6 concerned be classed as founding members?

I have read that Barca, Real, Juventus would be in this as well but who else?
France and German teams want nothing to do with it.

Whilst an emotive subject, that's just bollocks, with the greatest respect.

You want City relagated and our trophies scrubbed from history?

I'm a City supporter first and football second.

I've not come across too many rivals fans who have a good word to say about my club, so I won't be rushing to self flaggilate myself for the good of football.

I want what is good for my football club and nothing else.

That was before we had money and now we have it.

I trust Khaldoon to do right by our club, they haven't let us down yet.
This.

If this had happened in 2007 the year before City’s takeover and it didnt include us what would you have thunk?

What about West Ham this season (I know not finalised yet), what about Everton or Newcastle getting invested in and challenging? Why should a mediocre mid table outfit Arsenal get to be involved in this every year?
Yeah I see.

They'll be locals because games will be played across the globe.

"The Manchester Derby brought to you live at 3am from Beijing stadium with the 45 minute halftime show starring beyonce"
End of the sport as we know it.

“The Gatorade Corner of the Match award goes to the Manchester Citizens for their 33rd minute corner which was saved by Manchester Red Devils goaltender Dean Henderson”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.