The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If i can add, so every one of thses 12 clubs will play domestically and instead of CL it would be super league, right? The other clubs (not invited because, except german clubs and PSG, are not generating as much of revenues, will still compete if Champions league and Europa League), i can understand their frustration it is all about money without those super league clubs (with reserve about tottenham), CL will not generate as much as money to distribute it.

Except some exotic European leagues who qualify for CL, already it is quiet identical, many teams qualify for CL simply to get those 30m extra revenue
The SL model is that all members continue playing in their respective league & the SL supersedes participation in the current CL.
That’s what they want but individual leagues my say “Fuck You” you‘re no longer welcome in our league!
The rub is, if banned from their own league by their own associations (if legal) they devalue (financially) their own league on account of principle.

The European super league will happen, was always going to happen but NOT with this closed shop nonsense.

Make it the very top of the Footballing pyramid across ALL the major European leagues and we have a deal and maybe, just maybe , a very good and exciting competition

Here's the only thing that really counts

Nobody behind all this gives a f**k about you, me or any other match going fans

This last season has proven we are dispensible

We account for a decreasing percentage of the revenue stream

I'm sure they would prefer if we were on board all other things being equal, but nothing more than that. The American franchise model that is driving this has seen owners move clubs from one city to another - what more do you need to know than that
Absolutely. But I would've expected a bit more from those non-American owners who get it a bit more. I certainly didn't think the people that own and run City would want to see the Americanisation of our club and the sport itself. Not Abramovich either. Or even Barcelona for fuck's sake. Speaking of which, I'd have thought Barca's members would've had to be canvassed on something like this.

Hi folks, been following with interest this thread. One of the unforgivable things for me if I were a City fan is that with the chance of winning the CL within your grasp it is being stolen from you by two bankrupt Spanish clubs on their knees. It is time they were made to account and be run properly and you have the opportunity to dominate Europe without all this. A real shame. I would have though Pep knows this and it is overshadowing a fantastic season. City fans know about the highs and lows of the game and that is what makes it special.
Hope the top brass do the right thing instead of saving the arses of the badly run clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.